PDA

View Full Version : New PC - Knocking/Klacking Sound - Is this normal?

Pages : [1] 2

pr0digy25
08-08-2005, 06:26 PM
After having picked up a PC a little while back... I was hoping to finally get some use/practive out of it in the next few days I have off.

Tonight I took it out of it`s package and for kicks fired it up... while I get the electrical whine sound that I expected... it also makes this fast and loud "klacking" or "knocking" sounds them seems to be coming from inside.

Is this normal or did I pick up a bummed unit?

Thanks.

pr0digy25
08-08-2005, 06:26 PM
After having picked up a PC a little while back... I was hoping to finally get some use/practive out of it in the next few days I have off.

Tonight I took it out of it`s package and for kicks fired it up... while I get the electrical whine sound that I expected... it also makes this fast and loud "klacking" or "knocking" sounds them seems to be coming from inside.

Is this normal or did I pick up a bummed unit?

Thanks.

MorBid
08-08-2005, 06:43 PM
No it`s not normal, I`d take it back

MorBid
08-08-2005, 06:43 PM
No it`s not normal, I`d take it back

pr0digy25
08-08-2005, 06:47 PM
Thanks for the info. Should it just have a nice "whine" sound to it? I purchased it at Lowe`s in the US (I`m in Canada)... and have a lady friend headed down to the US this weekend... so I need to make sure the one she picks up runs smooth.

Thanks.

pr0digy25
08-08-2005, 06:47 PM
Thanks for the info. Should it just have a nice "whine" sound to it? I purchased it at Lowe`s in the US (I`m in Canada)... and have a lady friend headed down to the US this weekend... so I need to make sure the one she picks up runs smooth.

Thanks.

imported_truzoom
08-08-2005, 06:52 PM
All you should really hear is the whine of the motor, and maybe the turbulance caused by the pad.

imported_truzoom
08-08-2005, 06:52 PM
All you should really hear is the whine of the motor, and maybe the turbulance caused by the pad.

Tasty
08-08-2005, 07:04 PM
Did you fire it up with no pad or anything? I wouldn`t really recommend that.

Tasty
08-08-2005, 07:04 PM
Did you fire it up with no pad or anything? I wouldn`t really recommend that.

toyemp
08-08-2005, 07:10 PM
Actually, I get a loud clacking noise from my PC when running it on speed 6 with a 5" counterweight and a 6" backing pad. When I switched to the 6" counterweight, the noise went away.

Don`t know if this is the same noise you are hearing, but something to consider if you have not already matched your counterweight to your backing pad.

toyemp
08-08-2005, 07:10 PM
Actually, I get a loud clacking noise from my PC when running it on speed 6 with a 5" counterweight and a 6" backing pad. When I switched to the 6" counterweight, the noise went away.

Don`t know if this is the same noise you are hearing, but something to consider if you have not already matched your counterweight to your backing pad.

JasonD
08-08-2005, 07:11 PM
I`d swap it out just to be safe since you haven`t really used it yet, but mine makes a kind of klacking sound too and is just fine. If the replacement does it, then its normal.

JasonD
I`d swap it out just to be safe since you haven`t really used it yet, but mine makes a kind of klacking sound too and is just fine. If the replacement does it, then its normal.

imported_MCA
Double-check to ensure that the counter-weight is on securely...The screws should be on tight (but do not overtighten).

MCA