PDA

View Full Version : QD alternative to Zaino Z6...

Pages : [1] 2

wkasak
08-08-2005, 05:47 AM
So I ran out of Z6 this weekend and need an alternative QD spray till I recieve my new order of Z6. What can I use that is available over the counter that will not harm my coats of Z or cause bonding problems for the next coat of Z. I assume something without carnuba..but alot of the available QD`s don`t say if they contain carnuba or not? The few options I am looking at are the Turtle Wax QD, Meguiars QD, Eagle One QD? Any ideas?

wkasak
08-08-2005, 05:47 AM
So I ran out of Z6 this weekend and need an alternative QD spray till I recieve my new order of Z6. What can I use that is available over the counter that will not harm my coats of Z or cause bonding problems for the next coat of Z. I assume something without carnuba..but alot of the available QD`s don`t say if they contain carnuba or not? The few options I am looking at are the Turtle Wax QD, Meguiars QD, Eagle One QD? Any ideas?

Setec Astronomy
08-08-2005, 06:09 AM
One of the members more experienced with Zaino can correct me on this, but I think that a Z7 wash before layering should take off any silicones, etc. left over from those QD`s you mentioned. If you have access to a store that sells Meg`s #34 Final Inspection, that is a bodyshop safe QD that shouldn`t interfere with the Zaino (especially if you are washing before layering).

Setec Astronomy
08-08-2005, 06:09 AM
One of the members more experienced with Zaino can correct me on this, but I think that a Z7 wash before layering should take off any silicones, etc. left over from those QD`s you mentioned. If you have access to a store that sells Meg`s #34 Final Inspection, that is a bodyshop safe QD that shouldn`t interfere with the Zaino (especially if you are washing before layering).

wannafbody
08-08-2005, 06:10 AM
I`d vote for Eagle One W&S

wannafbody
08-08-2005, 06:10 AM

drewski59
08-08-2005, 06:19 AM

I second this. That or Mothers Showtime has worked on Z for me. :bigups

drewski59
08-08-2005, 06:19 AM

I second this. That or Mothers Showtime has worked on Z for me. :bigups

wkasak
08-08-2005, 06:38 AM
So...EO and Mothers do not contain any wax, carnuba, or other oils then? What about the Meguiars Detail Spray?

wkasak
08-08-2005, 06:38 AM
So...EO and Mothers do not contain any wax, carnuba, or other oils then? What about the Meguiars Detail Spray?

drewski59
08-08-2005, 07:01 AM

I know neither of them contain carnauba. As for the oils, I`m not sure. Neither of these have ever given me streaking problems, nor do they feel oily. It has never really impacted my Z durability. And a Z7 wash would surely take care of any QD left-behinds. :spot

drewski59
08-08-2005, 07:01 AM

I know neither of them contain carnauba. As for the oils, I`m not sure. Neither of these have ever given me streaking problems, nor do they feel oily. It has never really impacted my Z durability. And a Z7 wash would surely take care of any QD left-behinds. :spot

imported_Picus
08-08-2005, 08:58 AM
I ran out of Z6 awhile ago and have been using Mothers Final Inspection. It`s been solid so far.

imported_Picus
08-08-2005, 08:58 AM
I ran out of Z6 awhile ago and have been using Mothers Final Inspection. It`s been solid so far.

wkasak
08-08-2005, 09:04 AM

Do you mean Mothers Showtime or Meguiars Final Inspection? Or does Mothers make a Final Inspection product?