PDA

View Full Version : #7 over Zaino?

blonzz
08-08-2005, 02:03 AM
Currently I have 8 coats of Zaino Z-2 on the car. I was thinking about experimenting with something different.

Can #7 or #81 be used over Zaino sealed paint? I going to try a pure polish and then top it with a pure carnauba paste.

Should I remove the Zaino first?

Thanks,

John

blonzz
08-08-2005, 02:03 AM
Currently I have 8 coats of Zaino Z-2 on the car. I was thinking about experimenting with something different.

Can #7 or #81 be used over Zaino sealed paint? I going to try a pure polish and then top it with a pure carnauba paste.

Should I remove the Zaino first?

Thanks,

John

wannafbody
08-08-2005, 06:11 AM
sure, but I`d suggest #5 as it is supposed to be easier to work with

wannafbody
08-08-2005, 06:11 AM
sure, but I`d suggest #5 as it is supposed to be easier to work with

JustinR32
08-08-2005, 06:59 AM
I`d say you could do it, nothing bad will happen. But my guess is that there wouldn`t be much Z left. I`d call Z and ask them if I were you.

Tom

JustinR32
08-08-2005, 06:59 AM
I`d say you could do it, nothing bad will happen. But my guess is that there wouldn`t be much Z left. I`d call Z and ask them if I were you.

Tom

Edwa
08-08-2005, 12:14 PM
As part of your prep for the #7 or #81 and carnauba.....just wash with Dawn. There are no bonding issues with the glaze and carnauba.

I would try the #81. I use the #7 which is made more for a single stage paint verses the #81 which is for a BC/CC and is much easier to remove. I like to put down a layer of glaze before a carnauba. I am currently just trying to "run out" my bottle of #7. In the near future I want to give Red Moose a try.

Edwa
08-08-2005, 12:14 PM
As part of your prep for the #7 or #81 and carnauba.....just wash with Dawn. There are no bonding issues with the glaze and carnauba.

I would try the #81. I use the #7 which is made more for a single stage paint verses the #81 which is for a BC/CC and is much easier to remove. I like to put down a layer of glaze before a carnauba. I am currently just trying to "run out" my bottle of #7. In the near future I want to give Red Moose a try.

buellwinkle
08-09-2005, 07:10 AM
I use #7 under the final wax, not over it. From my experience, it does give metalic colors more depth.

buellwinkle
08-09-2005, 07:10 AM
I use #7 under the final wax, not over it. From my experience, it does give metalic colors more depth.

Spilchy
08-09-2005, 09:17 AM
I don`t think #7 or #81 (lack of cleaners / abrasives) would remove the Zaino especially given it`s legendary durability.

But, it wouldn`t last long at all for daily use.

I have layered #7 on top of single staged waxed show cars before a show to give it that "dipped in salad oil" look. Many garage queen show cars aren`t waxed and just topped with a glaze. Mike Philips taught me that trick a while back.

Or, why don`t you try Mother`s Sealant Glaze (step 2). It SPECIFICALLY states that you can layer it over a wax. I`m sure trying it on Zaino won`t hurt.

Spilchy
08-09-2005, 09:17 AM
I don`t think #7 or #81 (lack of cleaners / abrasives) would remove the Zaino especially given it`s legendary durability.

But, it wouldn`t last long at all for daily use.

I have layered #7 on top of single staged waxed show cars before a show to give it that "dipped in salad oil" look. Many garage queen show cars aren`t waxed and just topped with a glaze. Mike Philips taught me that trick a while back.

Or, why don`t you try Mother`s Sealant Glaze (step 2). It SPECIFICALLY states that you can layer it over a wax. I`m sure trying it on Zaino won`t hurt.