PDA

View Full Version : NXT wax attracts dust

04 Hemi
08-06-2005, 09:10 PM
I used NXT paste wax about a week ago on half of the hood, to see its filling abilities, which were alright nothing great. Now after a week or so without washing the side that i used the NXT wax has a higher concentration of dust than the one without wax.

Is this normal with NXT or any other wax to attract dust?

What do you fellas think?

04 Hemi
08-06-2005, 09:10 PM
I used NXT paste wax about a week ago on half of the hood, to see its filling abilities, which were alright nothing great. Now after a week or so without washing the side that i used the NXT wax has a higher concentration of dust than the one without wax.

Is this normal with NXT or any other wax to attract dust?

What do you fellas think?

Scottwax
08-06-2005, 09:18 PM
Most waxes attract at least some dust. Haven`t found one that repels dust and I`ve used pretty much everything from Autoglym (years ago) to Zaino Z2 Pro. FWIW, UPP seems the worst since it seems to build up a strong static charge when removing, especially on plastic bumpers.

Usually the first wash stops any excessive dust attraction.

BTW, NXT`s light filling capability is no substitute for proper prep.

Scottwax
08-06-2005, 09:18 PM
Most waxes attract at least some dust. Haven`t found one that repels dust and I`ve used pretty much everything from Autoglym (years ago) to Zaino Z2 Pro. FWIW, UPP seems the worst since it seems to build up a strong static charge when removing, especially on plastic bumpers.

Usually the first wash stops any excessive dust attraction.

BTW, NXT`s light filling capability is no substitute for proper prep.

04 Hemi
08-06-2005, 10:25 PM
I guess iam going to have to deal with it, but at least it will look great when its not dustty(like 5 min after i finish on my black truck)jeje.

I am using the Klasse twins before the NXT, but the hood thing was just a test. Thanks though.

04 Hemi
08-06-2005, 10:25 PM
I guess iam going to have to deal with it, but at least it will look great when its not dustty(like 5 min after i finish on my black truck)jeje.

I am using the Klasse twins before the NXT, but the hood thing was just a test. Thanks though.

a.k.a. Patrick
08-06-2005, 11:31 PM
If your performing work on client cars, just inform them there will be some dust accumulation, its expected, and if it wasnt expected, then they`d have something to worry about. Its just the natural and/or synthetic oils in the product. Totally natural, and unavoidable. You could alwyas go back 24 hrs later, put it in the sun for several minutes and let the oils thin, then rewipe, but as Scott referred to, its quickly minimized after the 1st wash.....

a.k.a. Patrick
08-06-2005, 11:31 PM
If your performing work on client cars, just inform them there will be some dust accumulation, its expected, and if it wasnt expected, then they`d have something to worry about. Its just the natural and/or synthetic oils in the product. Totally natural, and unavoidable. You could alwyas go back 24 hrs later, put it in the sun for several minutes and let the oils thin, then rewipe, but as Scott referred to, its quickly minimized after the 1st wash.....

kpounds
08-07-2005, 07:21 AM
I had the same experience with NXT, seemed like ALOT of dust accumulated afterward compared to other waxes. My solution was to top it with a carnuba (s100 or Blitz).

kpounds
08-07-2005, 07:21 AM
I had the same experience with NXT, seemed like ALOT of dust accumulated afterward compared to other waxes. My solution was to top it with a carnuba (s100 or Blitz).

RobDon
08-08-2005, 05:19 AM
I agree with the UPP comment, buffing off the bumpers there was alot of static! Far less with WG sealant on top though.

RobDon
08-08-2005, 05:19 AM
I agree with the UPP comment, buffing off the bumpers there was alot of static! Far less with WG sealant on top though.