PDA

View Full Version : Anyone having trouble layering Z2pro?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

ericthebikeman
08-06-2005, 05:45 PM
I`ve been trying to layer Z2pro after PCing with very limited success. The first time around I used AIO to clean the surface then layering, a few months later I tried Z fusion followed by another attempt. I was able to put one very thin layer down, allow it to dry then buff out. In both cases I was unable to put another layer down, the Z2 only slid across the surface with none staying behind. The only way to get any on there was to apply excessive amounts then waiting a long time to let it cure. I`ve never had this trouble with the old Z2 formulation.

Has anyone else had trouble puting more than one layer down on a fresh surface?

BTW - This was applying by hand, I`m considering using the PC at this point.

ericthebikeman
08-06-2005, 05:45 PM
I`ve been trying to layer Z2pro after PCing with very limited success. The first time around I used AIO to clean the surface then layering, a few months later I tried Z fusion followed by another attempt. I was able to put one very thin layer down, allow it to dry then buff out. In both cases I was unable to put another layer down, the Z2 only slid across the surface with none staying behind. The only way to get any on there was to apply excessive amounts then waiting a long time to let it cure. I`ve never had this trouble with the old Z2 formulation.

Has anyone else had trouble puting more than one layer down on a fresh surface?

BTW - This was applying by hand, I`m considering using the PC at this point.

imported_Gears
08-06-2005, 06:41 PM
I never have any trouble layering Z2pro. I always use a PC with a gray Propel pad and speed at

3 1/2.

imported_Gears
08-06-2005, 06:41 PM
I never have any trouble layering Z2pro. I always use a PC with a gray Propel pad and speed at

3 1/2.

ericthebikeman
08-06-2005, 06:47 PM

3 1/2.

How is the loss due to absorption, is it comparable to manual pads?

ericthebikeman
08-06-2005, 06:47 PM

3 1/2.

How is the loss due to absorption, is it comparable to manual pads?

imported_Gears
08-06-2005, 07:02 PM
I guess I do lose almost as much product to prime the pad as I put on the car, but its so fast and the only way I`ve been able to get that thin layer down.

imported_Gears
08-06-2005, 07:02 PM
I guess I do lose almost as much product to prime the pad as I put on the car, but its so fast and the only way I`ve been able to get that thin layer down.

Glossmaster
08-06-2005, 07:22 PM
I`ve never had any problems with any of the Zaino products. My Zaino experiences are all by hand, producing teriffic results everytime.

Glossmaster
08-06-2005, 07:22 PM
I`ve never had any problems with any of the Zaino products. My Zaino experiences are all by hand, producing teriffic results everytime.

ericthebikeman
08-06-2005, 07:29 PM
Maybe I had a bad bottle, it seemed gloppier and stuck to the sides of the bottle. The old stuff rolled right off the bottle`s sides.

ericthebikeman
08-06-2005, 07:29 PM
Maybe I had a bad bottle, it seemed gloppier and stuck to the sides of the bottle. The old stuff rolled right off the bottle`s sides.

Setec Astronomy
08-06-2005, 08:37 PM
No, the Pro coats the bottle unlike the previous formulation--makes it tough to clean out, too.

Setec Astronomy
08-06-2005, 08:37 PM
No, the Pro coats the bottle unlike the previous formulation--makes it tough to clean out, too.

imported_hadboosttroy
08-06-2005, 09:12 PM
were you using zfx?