PDA

View Full Version : Spraypainted Door? Help!

ToyotaRKeener
08-06-2005, 03:00 PM
I just went a checked out an Accord to buy since I sold my truck. The car was perfect except the owner used black spraypaint to touch up a scuff on his door... And the whole rear bumper was spraypainted... That will really bug me because I am a perfectionist when I detail the car. My question is, will i be able to buff out or blend the paint? Maybe buff OFF the spraypaint and have it repainted at a shop? It will just bug me that it is spraypainted to touch up.. I want to know if it salvagable before I buy the car.

ToyotaRKeener
08-06-2005, 03:00 PM
I just went a checked out an Accord to buy since I sold my truck. The car was perfect except the owner used black spraypaint to touch up a scuff on his door... And the whole rear bumper was spraypainted... That will really bug me because I am a perfectionist when I detail the car. My question is, will i be able to buff out or blend the paint? Maybe buff OFF the spraypaint and have it repainted at a shop? It will just bug me that it is spraypainted to touch up.. I want to know if it salvagable before I buy the car.

Lowejackson
08-07-2005, 04:21 AM
It might be worth trying to polish but so much depends upon the quality of the spraying and what prep work was carried out. If the work is not to a high standard one option might be to get the panels sprayed by a professional

Lowejackson
08-07-2005, 04:21 AM
It might be worth trying to polish but so much depends upon the quality of the spraying and what prep work was carried out. If the work is not to a high standard one option might be to get the panels sprayed by a professional

ToyotaRKeener
08-07-2005, 08:21 AM
may have to have it repainted, because they just spraypainted alot. it even has aerosaul(SP?) burn around the edges... :-/ assumining no prep work except to clean it.. he said he was "detailing" it

ToyotaRKeener
08-07-2005, 08:21 AM
may have to have it repainted, because they just spraypainted alot. it even has aerosaul(SP?) burn around the edges... :-/ assumining no prep work except to clean it.. he said he was "detailing" it

zippymbr
08-07-2005, 08:53 AM
Get an estimate for repainting the bumper and take that of the price of the car.

zippymbr
08-07-2005, 08:53 AM
Get an estimate for repainting the bumper and take that of the price of the car.