PDA

View Full Version : question about claying

Pages : [1] 2

HIeRpwRd
08-06-2005, 12:58 PM
am going to wash car w/ menzerna shampoo, clay it, wash it again and then hit it with the pc...

products im using are

FPII

FTG

FMJ

my question:

if i clay the car with mothers clay, will it be a problem if i lubricate it with Mothers `Showtime` qd??

wondering if it may prevent the menzerna products from setting up properly, as I believe it has wax properties.....

ready to get started, just want to make sure this wont be a problem...

i also bought the menzerna acrylic shield, but would rather not waste it claying

(kinda expensive)

thanks again autopia!!

HIeRpwRd
08-06-2005, 12:58 PM
am going to wash car w/ menzerna shampoo, clay it, wash it again and then hit it with the pc...

products im using are

FPII

FTG

FMJ

my question:

if i clay the car with mothers clay, will it be a problem if i lubricate it with Mothers `Showtime` qd??

wondering if it may prevent the menzerna products from setting up properly, as I believe it has wax properties.....

ready to get started, just want to make sure this wont be a problem...

i also bought the menzerna acrylic shield, but would rather not waste it claying

(kinda expensive)

thanks again autopia!!

spartacus_33
08-06-2005, 01:42 PM
Mothers QD will work fine with clay. If you are worried about product interaction, simply wash the car after you clay.

spartacus_33
08-06-2005, 01:42 PM
Mothers QD will work fine with clay. If you are worried about product interaction, simply wash the car after you clay.

Accumulator
08-06-2005, 04:21 PM
The FPII will cut off whatever gets left behind, from light clay residue to anything from the Showtime.

Accumulator
08-06-2005, 04:21 PM
The FPII will cut off whatever gets left behind, from light clay residue to anything from the Showtime.

HIeRpwRd
08-06-2005, 04:53 PM
nice..

all i need to know :xyxthumbs

consider this thread closed

:banned:

*insert `closed` in place of `banned`* :grinno:

HIeRpwRd
08-06-2005, 04:53 PM
nice..

all i need to know :xyxthumbs

consider this thread closed

:banned:

*insert `closed` in place of `banned`* :grinno:

imported_Mighty HD
08-06-2005, 04:56 PM
For some Menzerna results check my pics in the signature. It`s an amazing product and gives the best durability I have found yet, especially in Florida. I top it sometimes with #26 but I`m very happy with FMJ by itself.

I also use after every wash, Eagle one Wax-As-U-Dry spray wax for a cheap inbetween touch-up. I didn`t like the Menzerna acrylic shield too much. If you dont wipe it off fast enough it leaves a residue.

imported_Mighty HD
08-06-2005, 04:56 PM
For some Menzerna results check my pics in the signature. It`s an amazing product and gives the best durability I have found yet, especially in Florida. I top it sometimes with #26 but I`m very happy with FMJ by itself.

I also use after every wash, Eagle one Wax-As-U-Dry spray wax for a cheap inbetween touch-up. I didn`t like the Menzerna acrylic shield too much. If you dont wipe it off fast enough it leaves a residue.

imported_truzoom
08-06-2005, 05:40 PM
The showtime QD is actually what Mother`s recommends as their claybar lube. :) Good luck!

imported_truzoom
08-06-2005, 05:40 PM
The showtime QD is actually what Mother`s recommends as their claybar lube. :) Good luck!

HIeRpwRd
08-06-2005, 11:20 PM
trucks look great Alex!

and it looks as if she means alot to you, judging by the ring on her finger :)

until now had only heard really good things about the acrylic sheild, will keep your advice in mind...

as mr. miagi would say:

"acrylic shield on"

"acrylic shield off"

:lol

HIeRpwRd
08-06-2005, 11:20 PM
trucks look great Alex!

and it looks as if she means alot to you, judging by the ring on her finger :)

until now had only heard really good things about the acrylic sheild, will keep your advice in mind...

as mr. miagi would say:

"acrylic shield on"

"acrylic shield off"

:lol

imported_Mighty HD
08-07-2005, 04:56 AM
Thanks for the compliment. I`m going to have to hit it with the PC and some FPII soon--the tailgate is getting micro-marring in it. I had to get a new tailgate (Trailer tounge came off the ball while loading a car on a trailer-I nearly had heart failure). I am convinced that aftermarket paint is no where near as durable as factory original paint. The tailgate was painted using PPG...so I`m suprised at how "soft" it seems.

Also--for a QD, I found that I REALLY like the results of Megs QD and Wax-As-U-Dry mixed 50/50. Same result with a quick wax somewhat.

lol I forgot about the ring pics in there. Her first ring I bought when we were 17 was bought on a $8 salary. Time goes on and had to upgrade to something worthy. 9 Years is a while when you start out at 15..lol