PDA

View Full Version : Where do Canadians buy detailing gear?

Pages : [1] 2 3

imported_Picus
08-05-2005, 01:18 PM
Aside from ordering online from the States, where do you guys order your stuff from? I`ve been to Canadian Tire and Autosource and both pretty much suck if you want good bonnets, a wide range of supplies, good brushes, or really anything of any quality aside from a few luckily stocked Megs products.

I`m getting a little sick of paying duty and really high shipping costs. Anyone have any ideas?

calgarygts
08-05-2005, 01:33 PM
Smuggling.

imported_Picus
08-05-2005, 02:23 PM
:P

I was afraid that was the answer I`d get.

paco
08-05-2005, 02:26 PM
Automotive Paint Supply places are really your only bet, and then you`re limited to only Meguiars/3M and Farcela.

However, Meguiars products are top notch so at the very least, you can get high quality polish in Canada no problem.

There are 3 or 4 reputable online Canadian vendor`s as well.

In Toronto, Zaino can be had at The Barber`s Chair. Klasse is quickly being found as well.

Paco

wytstang
08-05-2005, 02:31 PM
lol yeah either smuggle them or they this place www.eshine.ca

imported_Picus
08-05-2005, 03:28 PM
I`m in Toronto, so any good local store recomendations are appreciated. It isn`t the polish and wax so much that I`m worried about (although I haven`t been able to find Meg`s DACP), but the lack of PC bonnets and good buffing towels. Any ideas for those?

Er, nm. I just followed the link to eShine. Looks like I found what I was looking for. Thanks!

paco
08-05-2005, 07:23 PM
Buffing towels I`ve always purchased online and I`d highly recommend doing the same.

As for pads, if you are willing to drive out to Mississauga or Brampton - you can get 3M or Meguiars pads at Cmax.

Paco

imported_Picus
08-05-2005, 10:56 PM
Oh, there is actually one in North York I didn`t even know about. Nice, I`ll have to check that out this weekend. Thanks fellas.

Big Leegr
08-06-2005, 07:06 AM
You can get #83 (DACP) from NAPA.

EdLancer
08-06-2005, 09:33 PM
Dude you can find everything in Canada, you just have to look.

I found out the hard way last year when I was looking for LC pads, the guy was right in front of me !

I`am not disclosing my sources ! ....LoL

EdLancer
08-06-2005, 09:33 PM
Dude you can find everything in Canada, you just have to look.

I found out the hard way last year when I was looking for LC pads, the guy was right in front of me !

I`am not disclosing my sources ! ....LoL

imported_Picus
08-07-2005, 09:24 AM
OK here`s one for you. When I moved here from California I brought some Optimum polish with me, but am running low. I`ve looked but can`t find any locally or online (in Canada), ideas?

imported_Picus
08-07-2005, 09:24 AM
OK here`s one for you. When I moved here from California I brought some Optimum polish with me, but am running low. I`ve looked but can`t find any locally or online (in Canada), ideas?

ScubaStevo
08-07-2005, 05:06 PM
www.eshine.ca

I`m sure Chris could source out anything for you.

ScubaStevo
08-07-2005, 05:06 PM
www.eshine.ca

I`m sure Chris could source out anything for you.