PDA

View Full Version : Ahh yes... "the next step" in my detailing

Pages : [1] 2

WSUcommuter
08-05-2005, 09:53 AM
Lowes everyday low prices pushed me off the fence. I bought a 7336 for $109.99 and now I`m ready for some pads. I can`t wait to practice with this thing on my hood (probably can`t make it any worse- going to get a new cowl induction soon anyways:) )

:woot:

WSUcommuter
08-05-2005, 10:02 AM
I also have a question- what cut (if any) is the pad that Porter Cable supplies with the 7336? I couldn`t find any in-depth info on it with the enclosed literature. Thanks!

the other pc
08-05-2005, 10:15 AM
The pad that comes with the PC is a "we-have-to-give-you-something-so-you`ll-recognize-it-as-a-polisher-but-we-sure-aren`t-going-to-pay-for-anything-that`s-worth-a-$#!&" pad.

Chuck it and get good pads, Sonus, Meg`s, LC, Propel, Edge, etc.

PC.

WSUcommuter
08-05-2005, 10:46 AM
I was thinking of ordering the Meguiar`s DA pad/backing plate kit from their website.

I was thinking of keeping the "we-have-to-give-you-something-so-you`ll-recognize-it-as-a-polisher-but-we-sure-aren`t-going-to-pay-for-anything-that`s-worth-a-$#!&"

pad for use on things like applying lemon oil/Pledge on my bedroom furniture tops. LOL

Porkanbeans
08-05-2005, 11:00 AM
Congrats on your purchase! You`ll soon be swept up into the Autopian level of detailing.

As for that Godawful pad, throw it away, regardless of how you intend to use it. I recall someone telling us how he used the supplied pad to polish his fridge or something and it snapped off and almost caused severe damage. I threw mine away as soon as I bought my PC. Do yourself a favor and do the same. If you want to do furniture, any pad you can get online (Sonus, Meguiar`s, etc.) is excellent.

the other pc
08-05-2005, 11:04 AM
I was thinking of ordering the Meguiar`s DA pad/backing plate kit from their website...Good plan, that set is a great value.

PC.

Asonyexec
08-05-2005, 11:09 AM
Here`s an idea for you. What i did with the pad that came with my pc is that i took a razor blade and cut it away from the backing plate then I cut the pad in half and use the old pad to spread out my tire dressing or spread dressing to those real dirty areas.

JeffM
08-05-2005, 03:38 PM
If i remember correctly the Megs pads have a weak velcro system...

imported_MCA
08-05-2005, 03:43 PM
Although the "throw-in" pad is not of the best quality, I have found its true calling --> polishing my windows (w/ either AIO or VM).

MCA

imported_Picus
08-05-2005, 04:10 PM
I used it to polish the windows in our house. We have two rooms with really large windows and it actually did a good job.

hirosh
08-05-2005, 04:48 PM
i used that white pad that came with the PC to practice polishing on my mom`s altima`s hood until my real pads and backing plate set came in. that pad + Meg`s #80 did an okay job, sorta like a finishing pad + SSR 1.

WSUcommuter
08-05-2005, 08:45 PM

Any suggestions for a weekend-warrier on a budget other than Meguiar`s?

scottabir
08-05-2005, 08:55 PM

That was taken care of by them switching to a new adhesive. As for the velcro itself I have never had one fly off of a rotary and I have spun them @ 3000 Rpms drying them but YMMV.

V8toytruck
08-06-2005, 11:59 AM
Exceldetail.com sells great pads for a good price

V8toytruck
08-06-2005, 11:59 AM
Exceldetail.com sells great pads for a good price