PDA

View Full Version : Can Zaino and Clearkote Red Machine Glaze work together, somehow?

Pages : [1] 2

Julius_911
08-04-2005, 11:53 AM
Hi,

Can you believe that I’ve been reading these forums for almost 5 straight hours? I think I’m getting hooked. I’m looking to make a purchase and it seems that there is no clear overall winning product. I love the Zaino’s durability but love the RMG deep look, I love the Menzerna powergloss..etc etc..

So I need some help to decide what my arsenal will be.

I have a 98 Black Maxima, with heavy swirls and chip marks. It has been polished maybe 4 times in it’s life span and waxed maybe 5. (Never clayed).

I live in Montreal, where the winter salt on roads is just brutal, and the summer months are scorching hot (you should see the babes we have over here J )

Anyways, I am looking for Durability in a product. Because of my current life style, I can’t detail the car every week…but once every 3 months can be accomplished. :work:

I also wish to have a nice wet look that RMG has to offer, and remove as many swirls marks as possible. I will be buying a PC soon.

So, here I am, a little confused if I should go with

1. All Zaino products ( and make the initial effort)

2. Focus on the swirl removals and go with Menzerna (http://autopia.org/forum/showthread.php?threadid=58349)

3. Go with AIO+RMG+Souveran

I’m leaning on Option 1, because of the Durability….think I can go with Zaino and use RMG (Clearkote Red Machine Glaze) somewhere in the Zaino process ? :nixweiss

Any other suggestion is welcomed! :idea

I heard that there are better pads than what Zaino has to offer...for my application, what pads do u recommend?

Loads of thanks!

JeffM
08-04-2005, 12:18 PM
I would go with this.

Orange DAS pad and SFX2, maybe 2 or 3 times, if its bad try orange pad and SFX1.

SFX 3 or 2 to clean up any haze with blue DAS pad(or is the green one, i forget...)

QD with Z6

3x Z2pro in one day.

Next day top with Z8

Your car will be everything you could wish for.

papi_jay
08-04-2005, 01:29 PM
Why not just do your normal Zaino routine , then add rmg to it a few days later after Zaino cures completely . Let the rmg cure a day or two also in the sun .

Then add one more Z2+z6+z8 layer over top the redmoose to seal it`s properties in ?

Then another rmg over top it all just for kicks .

Then only that last layer of Zaino MIGHT be compromised

s2skimon
08-04-2005, 03:54 PM
Hmmm ? wouldn`t it not be better to RMG then top with Z2 pro

imported_memnuts
08-04-2005, 05:23 PM
Menzerna IP or PO85RD with cutting pad if surface marring is extensive, followed by Optimum polish (polishing pad) followed by Z-PC Fusion (polishing pad). The Z-PC enriches final gloss, smoothness, richness and wetness at the same time preparing surface to accept Z polishes (protectant) for maximal bonding.

I always rinse vehicle prior to applying protectant.

Dry and inspect finish for any missed repairable areas.

Z6 surface for easier spreading of Z2-PRO.

Z2-PRO with ZFX x 3 and you will be finished with a deep, wet, glossy, reflective, durable finish.

Don`t forget to clay. :xyxthumbs

If you take the time to prep the finish well, you will not need a glaze or find any additional lasting enrichment by using one. :nervous:

papi_jay
08-04-2005, 05:29 PM
So what about his RMG question blkZ28Conv ?

imported_memnuts
08-04-2005, 05:35 PM
So what about his RMG question blkZ28Conv ?

Hi papi,

I added an addendum to my post.

Scottwax
08-04-2005, 08:39 PM
I`d think for optimum durability AIO would be a better choice under Zaino than RMG. If you really want to use RMG and a sealant, the new version of EX w/carnauba looks terrific over it.

imported_memnuts
08-05-2005, 02:49 AM
Zaino does not need additional protection if applied to a clean oil-free surface. If anything AIO will take away from Zaino`s protection by not allowing the Z protectants to be applied directly to the paint.

Julius_911
08-05-2005, 06:09 AM
hummmm.... Although you mentioned with good prep work I don`t need additional glaze...can I still add RMG after Zaino..meaning replace the Z6 with RMG, or am I just asking for trouble?

I just wanted that deep wet look RMG has to offer.

thanks

s2skimon
08-05-2005, 06:11 AM
i`m going to try Z-pc , AIO, then z2 pro , then z8

Julius_911
08-05-2005, 07:23 AM
While I`m at it..what would be a Zaino Alternative?..the 2nd best durability?

(I`ll be visiting an auto store in Florida and may be easier for me just to pick up the items..as oppose to ordering Zaino)

I`m reading a lot of Poorboys..or should I buy one product here, one product there..

does it show I`m panicing?? :nervous:

:nervous: :nervous:

Scottwax
08-05-2005, 12:58 PM
Zaino does not need additional protection if applied to a clean oil-free surface. If anything AIO will take away from Zaino`s protection by not allowing the Z protectants to be applied directly to the paint.

:nixweiss Worked on my brother`s Odyssey just fine. Applied AIO then Z2 Pro w/ZFX x 3 on early December and here it is early August and it still beads decently with nothing more than 2-3 runs a month through the local tunnel wash. Slickness is down but it still looks excellent.

My thought is that if you *must* use a glaze type product, AIO would be the best.

imported_memnuts
08-05-2005, 03:23 PM
:nixweiss Worked on my brother`s Odyssey just fine. Applied AIO then Z2 Pro w/ZFX x 3 on early December and here it is early August and it still beads decently with nothing more than 2-3 runs a month through the local tunnel wash. Slickness is down but it still looks excellent.

My thought is that if you *must* use a glaze type product, AIO would be the best.

Maybe 3 months ago the best "easy-to-use" products for Zaino quik prep/glaze were AIO and 1Z MP from my experience. Since the intro of Zaino PC Fusion, the "best" light polish/cleanser for Zaino final prep step is Z-PC Fusion.

Of course, if you have a supply of AIO or MP use them up if maximal performance and compatibility is not required.

Believe me, there is absolute nothing wrong with AIO or 1Z MP usage in the absolute sense. Both worked very well for me but both deposit a separation layer (protection) between the Z2-PRO, Z2, Z5 or Z3 and the paint. The Zaino protectants only form maximal bonding if applied direct to the paint.

Scott, I have no doubt that your brother`s vehicle is still well protected with the AIO/Z2-PRO combo. The same combo got my wife`s car thru last winter.

My daily driver had the beta-Fusion under beta- Z2-PRO last winter. :clap:

Intercooled
08-05-2005, 04:47 PM
Wouldn`t RMG remove Zaino if applied as a topper. Isn`t there chemical cleaners in RMG?