PDA

View Full Version : Meguairs new brushes

imported_pdsterns
08-04-2005, 11:38 AM
I`ve seen the new brushes in the local stores. The ones with the long/reversible handles and soft inner bristles and firm outers. Has anybody tried these yet?

tguil
08-04-2005, 11:49 AM
Here you go:

http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=4659

Tom :cool:

tom p.
08-04-2005, 11:51 AM
I picked up one of the new "upholstery" brushes. It has a few rows of soft bristles and many rows of firm bristles. It is palm-held, no handle. It was around $10, IIRC.

it works well, bristles may be too stiff for some tastes. I kinda like having a dedicated brush so you don`t have to worry about staining from an old brush that`s real funky. :furious:

Setec Astronomy
08-04-2005, 12:19 PM
There`s been plenty of discussion of the new brushes on here, there are so many, that you need to do a search, not one thread that covers them all.

JeffM
08-04-2005, 12:20 PM
I have recently bought the wash brush. Its pretty nice, but im only using it for my white work truck.

The wheel brush i cant live without.

Escotch
08-04-2005, 12:53 PM
the tire brush works well, and the spoke brush is awesome, its really long and has a soft tip so you don`t scratch your caliper or anything else if you hit it

The Big Kahuna
08-04-2005, 01:36 PM
Agreed, the spoke brush is excellent.

I have two of them. One of them I have bent to alow me to brush the back of my alloy spokes.

I am also pleased with the tire brush.

Does anyone know what the difference is between the yellow wheel face brush and the white wash brush? They are equally soft and appear to be the same except for color.

spotpad
08-05-2005, 12:39 AM
I have the tire spoke brush, wheel face brush, and tire brush. I find the wheel face brush to be more suited to larger wheels (mine are 15s)

Setec Astronomy
08-05-2005, 05:29 AM
Does anyone know what the difference is between the yellow wheel face brush and the white wash brush? They are equally soft and appear to be the same except for color.

Even tho the tips are soft on both, the bristles are much stiffer on the wheel face brush.

JustinR32
08-05-2005, 06:57 AM
CAVEAT: Meguiar`s sent me some of these to try. However, I have since purchased a number of them to give as gifts; I am confident enough in the brushes to entrust their use to others.

The white brush is all I use anymore for washing. I put the wide head on the long handle from the SUV mop. Instead of the 2 bucket method, I point the water stream into the brush to rinse it after each pass.

Although the tips are soft, you really use the sides of the shafts against the paint as the brush splays. I have had no marring at all from the brush, and no excessive marring from built up contaminants (ie, no more marring that one normally gets from regular washing).

The yellow wheel face brush is definitely a stiffer brush. I don`t have any wheels that benefit from the rat tail brush, and I haven`t used the carpet brush but once. The wheel face brush is great for getting around the edges and spokes and lug nuts of a 5- or 6- spoke type alloy wheel.

Tom

Spilchy
08-05-2005, 08:00 AM
Everyone needs to be careful because although soft, they will stiffen over time. Every quality brush I have owned that has synthetic bristles, stiffens eventually. I prefer the two bucket method, genuine sheepskin, foam gun to wash paint over synthetic brushes.

I have seen and felt the Meguair`s brushes. They seem nice and well engineered. I have the complete line of oxo brushes that I use for bumpers, rocker panels, wheels, tires, etc... So I haven`t bought the Meguiar`s.

The synthetic sheepskin mop looks intriguing for SUV`s.