PDA

View Full Version : Z28 Race car (no detail, just pics)

Pages : [1] 2

imported_animes2k
08-03-2005, 11:05 PM
My neighbor is moving tomorrow, so I thought I better get around to shooting a few pics of this beast of a car that went from his daily driver to a dedicated race car. He got his license this year and has been racing, but is moving to Chicago tomorrow, so he has to cut his season short. I know he hates it. Anyway, this car is amazing and he`s an amazing driver.

I think he`s got it down to about 3250lb now (i think...) Porsche red brakes, lots of suspension work, just got the plastic windshield in... not much in terms of power upgrades, but he`s teetering on the power/weight restriction for his class now.

I introduced him to P21S and he loves it, tho the car doesn`t see much exterior loving anymore :D

Thought some of you F-body guys might enjoy...

http://www.noestudios.com/photo/details/no29/wide.jpg

http://www.noestudios.com/photo/details/no29/brakes.jpg

http://www.noestudios.com/photo/details/no29/ducts.jpg

http://www.noestudios.com/photo/details/no29/rear.jpg

http://www.noestudios.com/photo/details/no29/drivers.jpg

http://www.noestudios.com/photo/details/no29/passenger.jpg

:D

ncwlau
08-03-2005, 11:17 PM
ooh i was expecting a drag car

looks like a fun road racer, is that a camaro/mustang challenge?

imported_animes2k
08-03-2005, 11:27 PM
it`s the http://americanironracing.com/]American ( [url) Iron series[/url], so yeah Camaro, Mustang, Firebird, Thunderbirds and Cougars (Fox, SN95, MN12 chassis). They also run a Mustang-Camaro series and AI Extreme for super-tuned cars and drivers. I think the AI class is right in the middle.

imported_guapsnaman
08-04-2005, 06:36 AM
WTH?! That thing doesn`t belong anywhere but on the track.

So you guys ever do a little domestic vs. import drag?

ZaneO
08-04-2005, 08:23 AM
Makes me sad to see a car hacked up.

gav'spurplez
08-04-2005, 12:56 PM
Makes me sad to see a car hacked up.

i have to agree, some of my friends have some big money into their fbodies but nothign that extreme to need a cage.

i know a guy that has almost all bolt-ons and a super charger, and his looks like the day it rolled out of the dealer :think:

some people do not care what the car looks like as long as it goes fast :wall

imported_animes2k
08-04-2005, 01:04 PM
true, but this is not even street-legal. It`s a race car. To be competitive, you`ve got to reduce weight - it`s more beneficial than adding power. One of his fellow racers asked him why his car was "so pretty" :) The interior is basically just stripped of carpet, insulation, sound deadening, interior panels, etc. Otherwise it`s intact.

And he`s moving out to Chicago, Gav... Maybe you can watch him race :)

And really, the exterior just needs a good cleaning. It`s a little dusty and dirty right now, but nothing a light polish wouldn`t fix. When you`re ripping around a track catching marbles and debris, with a possibility of contact or going off, I don`t think your car`s finish is a really high priority. Winning is.

gav'spurplez
08-04-2005, 02:00 PM
we should be able to hook up and hit the track,

mine is not nearly as quick as i`m sure his is, but that is ok.

it just seems like it is in the middle of having the panels removed and stuff. ;)

that is why we are a little "hurt" when we see it

hirosh
08-04-2005, 02:53 PM
cool, a NASA racer. :xyxthumbs

lbls1
08-07-2005, 05:23 PM
i have to agree, some of my friends have some big money into their fbodies but nothign that extreme to need a cage.

i know a guy that has almost all bolt-ons and a super charger, and his looks like the day it rolled out of the dealer :think:

I can attest to that as well. I`ve seen a lot of guys pour money into their fbodies (one comes to mind right now, full cage, two engine rebuilds, a defaulted engine builder, and now selling the car after mega thousands of dollars put into it. A lot of stories as well of just chopping the car up and spending money and time correcting the fix).

On the other hand, I can also appreciate guys that run their cars hard and enjoy it. The other extreme (one that I can also recognize) is that if you`re too fussy with the car, refusing to take it out of the garage and such, you never get a chance to really enjoy it. I`ve seen other instances where painfully cared for, ultra low mileaged garage queens end up getting sold without an appreciable gain, only to be abused by the next owner.

To each his or her own, but I guess I`m trying to say that you should definitely enjoy your car the way you want, but have moderation in everything that you do.

lbls1
08-07-2005, 05:23 PM

I can attest to that as well. I`ve seen a lot of guys pour money into their fbodies (one comes to mind right now, full cage, two engine rebuilds, a defaulted engine builder, and now selling the car after mega thousands of dollars put into it. A lot of stories as well of just chopping the car up and spending money and time correcting the fix).

On the other hand, I can also appreciate guys that run their cars hard and enjoy it. The other extreme (one that I can also recognize) is that if you`re too fussy with the car, refusing to take it out of the garage and such, you never get a chance to really enjoy it. I`ve seen other instances where painfully cared for, ultra low mileaged garage queens end up getting sold without an appreciable gain, only to be abused by the next owner.

To each his or her own, but I guess I`m trying to say that you should definitely enjoy your car the way you want, but have moderation in everything that you do.

1 Clean WS6
08-07-2005, 05:29 PM

Well said Lester...I agree 100%. :hifive:

1 Clean WS6
08-07-2005, 05:29 PM

pontman43
08-07-2005, 09:35 PM

I agree too. I wanted to road race my car, but now with the new hood and paint job, I just cant see my self racing without worrying about messing up my paint. Guess I`ll have to stick to strait line, although its more expensive.

pontman43
08-07-2005, 09:35 PM

I agree too. I wanted to road race my car, but now with the new hood and paint job, I just cant see my self racing without worrying about messing up my paint. Guess I`ll have to stick to strait line, although its more expensive.