PDA

View Full Version : NXT wax over Klasse SG?

Rolla
08-03-2005, 09:21 AM
Hi I was wondering if I can top KSG with NXT paste wax?

Thanks

PaulTso
08-03-2005, 10:11 AM
nxt has abrasives in it so it will probably remove most of your SG.

jetskie
08-03-2005, 10:26 AM
I wouldn`t say NXT has abrassives, but has some mild chemical cleaners. Its not strong enough to remove SG, but it will shorten its durability. I would rather use something like #26 rather than NXT becuase it will give it more deepth than NXT.

Rolla
08-03-2005, 10:28 AM
I wouldn`t say NXT has abrassives, but has some mild chemical cleaners. Its not strong enough to remove SG, but it will shorten its durability. I would rather use something like #26 rather than NXT becuase it will give it more deepth than NXT.

Yes I had read something about it having chemical cleaners and feared it might remove SG. I just purchased a bottle of NXT so guess I will use it on the black and red cars after AIO.

Thanks guys!

beastie
08-03-2005, 03:55 PM
Yes you can use NXT paste wax over SG. It`s quite a nice combo for dark blue metallic which is what I have. Initially, you might be disappointed by NXT especially if you are spoiled by SG`s shine. Be patient and allow NXT to cure. It looks better the next day. I was allowing a week between coats. It is pretty nice and relatively durable. My last NXT coat was in May and, although I just put on a coat of Souveran, the NXT was still protecting and looking good. I was also using NXT Speed Detailer for maintenance. I had 4-5 coats on and water was beading nicely still and sheeting off during rinses. :xyxthumbs

foxtrapper
08-04-2005, 05:43 AM
I`ve topped Klasse SG with NXT liquid formula. The results were most pleasing.

Tasty
08-04-2005, 09:45 AM
This is the combo currently on my car. The "cleaners" in NXT are overblown IMO. I wouldn`t worry about it removing anything.