PDA

View Full Version : Is Meg`s Detailer Brand avail. in stores (upstate NY or VT)?

imported_becks
08-03-2005, 08:14 AM
Hey Guys,

I was wondering if the Meguiars Detailer Brand (Hyper dressing etc) is available in any stores in the US or is it a special order product? I`m going to be in upstate NY (Syracuse, Albany etc) and Vermont and would love to bring some back to Canada. Can anyone help me out?

Thanks

Setec Astronomy
08-03-2005, 08:21 AM
I`d try searching from this page at the Meg`s website: http://www.meguiars.com/dealerlocator/

buellwinkle
08-03-2005, 08:30 AM
It`s available at auto paint supply stores, not auto supply stores. Check the yellow pages. Most seem to carry the 2 oldest brands, 3M and Meguiars.

LamboJay
08-03-2005, 08:34 AM
2 places in Syracuse. Saves Autobody and Auto Finishers. Both about 10 minutes from my house :)

If you give me exact product names you`re looking for I will call and ask if they have them.

Setec Astronomy
08-03-2005, 08:35 AM
There is an advanced search link at the bottom of the page I linked above, which will let you search for a specific product, but all of their searches have only a 20 mile radius from the zip code you enter; it might be better to call the toll free number 1.800.347.5700 (dunno if that will be toll-free from Canada) and ask them...they probably can search a wider radius for you. Do you have to pay duty when you bring that kind of thing back over the border?

imported_becks
08-03-2005, 09:20 AM
2 places in Syracuse. Saves Autobody and Auto Finishers. Both about 10 minutes from my house :)

If you give me exact product names you`re looking for I will call and ask if they have them.

Thanks a lot, I`ll send you a PM

Do you have to pay duty when you bring that kind of thing back over the border?

There`s no duty as long as the product is made in the US, but they do want to charge taxes on it. Most times you can get across without paying any fees, even if you declare it.

LamboJay
08-03-2005, 12:27 PM
Just sent you a PM. Saves does carry the Megs Detailer line and has all the items you`re looking for in stock.