PDA

View Full Version : Poorboys ssr series or the Menzerna series?

Pages : [1] 2 3

mr_bertone
08-03-2005, 12:26 AM
Hello everyone!

I have recently discovered this forum and it is very good, with professional people that knows what they are talking about. I live in Sweden and this forum is becoming know even in Sweden.

Now to my question. I thinking of investing in the Poorboys series or the Menzerna series. Which one is better on a dark blue colour car? I have tried to read the difference between ssr1,2,2,5 and 3. Which one is recommended for a car with some swirles but not so much. If I am going for the Menzerna series should I go for all three bottles? How powerful is the intensive polish? Can a managed with the finishing polish only?

One last question if it is a good idea to use the EXP topped with nattys blue?

This was many questions. I am interested in all experiences and tips of all kinds

Best regards

Thord, Stockholm, Sweden

Richt
08-03-2005, 12:36 AM
Welcome.

From what I have read on here the SSR series of products is a bit more user (and sun) friendly. (I havent used the Menzerna yet but plan to) In the Poorboys line SSR 2 or 2.5 should remove minor swirls. You may need to follow up with SSR 1 on dark colours.

Most people say to get SSR 2.5 and 1. I havent used 3, and am not sure if it is better suited to rotary use opposed to PC.

EX-p topped with Nattys is a good combo.

mr_bertone
08-03-2005, 01:09 AM
Thanks for the quick answer. Before I use the EX-p should i use som glaze product or is it enough to go from ssr1 to EX-P? I have seen that AIO is good after SSR, is that a good option? Can anyone please tell what AIO is, I can´t find it anywhere. Is AIO shortning for something.

I appriciate all the answeres I can get

Best regards

THORD

Richt
08-03-2005, 01:22 AM
AIO is Klasse All In One.

The European version is Carlack 68 is a good alternative if you can get it.

You could use AIO before the EX-p, it would be a better option than a glaze type product for bondng purposes. Saying that I have used EX-p after glaze type products befoe, not sure on the durability side effects though.

SSR1 straight to EX-p will work well though.

porta
08-03-2005, 02:21 AM
Hi or should I say hej thord!

Marcus from Sweden here. I have just bought the menzerna brothers. Powergloss, Intesive Polish, Final Finish and Micro Polish. I am amazed, this is very good products and you can find them in Sweden. I did my vw golf mk2 with all 4 and topped with autosmarts silverseal. I used rotary with powergloss and Intesive polish and the next two with cyclo. I would definitly go with Menzerna. I have phone numbers to a swedish seller and I paid 220-240skr /bottle and they come in one litres/32oz. It´s not polite to write in Swedish so you can mail me jur.kand@gmai.com so I can tell you more about the Menzerna. Here is a link to a picture of my golf that I did with Menzerna

http://autopia.org/forum/showthread.php?t=59516&highlight=golf

Ha det gott!

SVR
08-03-2005, 02:45 AM
Menzerna PO91 L (IP), PO85RD 3.01, PO85RD, FP II and PO85U are all superb products that provide a swirl free mirror finish that ssr can`t match.

SSR`s I also have and really like them but instead of going from 2.5 to 2 and then 1, I can do IP and FP II on most cars and have the paint free of holograms and swirls.

No doubt in my mind, the worlds best polishes are menzerna

Sonus SFX is a close second.

Richt
08-03-2005, 02:51 AM
SVR are you using a PC or a Rotary?

Cheers

Rich

drewski59
08-03-2005, 04:43 AM
Greetings from America!

Well, I have both but I`ve only used Mezerna Intensive Polish and Final Polish. I haven`t gotten around to my ssr2.5 yet!

As far as sealant prep goes, I don`t think it gets much better than Mezerna. It`s easy to work with(PC) and leaves behind a squeaky clean, oil-free surface that`s optimal for sealant bonding.

If you`re going with EX or EX-P, I`m sure either one is fine. I`ve used the Mezerna combo under Zaino without any bonding problems. But now I have ZPC, so my process has changed. Also, if you use Klasse, you can use any polish before AIO. AIO will properly prepare the surface for any bonding too.

mr_bertone
08-03-2005, 04:49 AM
Hello everyone

I must say that this forum is great. Very kvick answers with very much information and advice. Thanks very much all of you for all replays

Best Regards

THORD

porta
08-03-2005, 07:25 AM
Thord. I did just detailed my friends mothers black toyota corolla with my cyclo and Menzerna Intensive Polish, Micro Polish and Lahega sealwax 36. Polish a car with cyclo+blue lake country pads and Micro Polish is a pleasure! I would buy

Cylco Ultimate package from Winners circle

Intesive Polish PO91

Micro Polish PO85RD

P21S Carnauba Paste Wax,Nattys Blue, Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax or Autosmarts Silverseal.

Mail you later on your email in swedish.

Cheers!

03k20a2
08-14-2005, 08:54 PM
how about using poorboys ex and then topping it with nattys blue on a black car?

03k20a2
08-14-2005, 08:54 PM
how about using poorboys ex and then topping it with nattys blue on a black car?

Scottwax
08-14-2005, 09:13 PM
Optimum Polish and Compound are another alternative. Optimum finishes down to a mirror finish that is hard to beat. Works well with PC or rotary as well. In addition, you only need two products and your LSP.

Scottwax
08-14-2005, 09:13 PM
Optimum Polish and Compound are another alternative. Optimum finishes down to a mirror finish that is hard to beat. Works well with PC or rotary as well. In addition, you only need two products and your LSP.

Glossmaster
08-15-2005, 07:01 PM
The combo of EX/Natty`s Blue is ultra deep & wet on black paint. I`m really impressed with Natty`s Blue on my black truck.