PDA

View Full Version : Met some Autopians tonight

Pages : [1] 2

Scottwax
08-01-2005, 10:28 PM
Anthony Orosco and Ron (Details`nDents is his username I think), Larry (a local guy who does interior repair but not a member of Autopia) and David from Optimum. Anthony and Dave are in town to do a presentation at the GM plant in Arlington so they invited me out to dinner with them...at El Chico. :drool:

It was great to finally meet Anthony, who I`ve talked to on the phone, plus Ron who I`ve seen on the board, Larry because he is an interior repair guy who seems more than competent enough to send customers to, and finally Dave of Optimum who was genuinely interested in my thoughts on his products plus what I think of other product lines. It was great to discuss detailing with others who actually get it.

Setec Astronomy
08-01-2005, 10:37 PM
That sounds like a cool evening. David from Optimum is trying to sell GM on using his polishing products for defect removal on the line? And Anthony is his demo jockey?

stilez
08-02-2005, 02:29 PM
Awesome!

Wish I coulda been there...Lots of big players at one place :).

Bill D
08-02-2005, 02:31 PM
I`ll second that! :2thumbs:

Anthony O.
08-02-2005, 07:29 PM
Hey Guys :wavey

Just got home bout 20 minutes ago...man that`s a long drive :bawling:

Hey Scott, thanks for meeting with us, great to finally meet you and we all had some great food and a great time talking shop.

As for the GM deal... man that was awesome :2thumbs: The production area we went to first was right after the trucks get out of the paint ovens and the line people look for dirt nibs and sags in the paint. They then use 3k grit paper on an air sander to remove or level the defect then a DA air polisher to apply the polish with a 5in waffle pad.

The GM plant is amazing, I mean the tour we had was great but we didn`t get to see all of the assembly so next time we get to see the sheetmetal being fabricated. They have over 2 million square feet of factory space!!!!

Pay attention and be alert as we may be visiting a town near you SOON and we would love to get together with as many people as possible and hang out :hifive:

Anthony

SpoiledMan
08-02-2005, 09:38 PM
I think Toyota builds trucks and Corollas here in Los Angeles somewhere(Long Beach??). Keep us posted.

Scottwax
08-02-2005, 09:40 PM
Let me know if you guys make it back to town next week. :)

Next time I go out to Kentucky, I`ll have to make enough time to visit Dave in Memphis.

scottabir
08-02-2005, 09:48 PM
Hey guys you know DETROIT has a LOT of those companies you mentioned...:D I think you should come up here next...oh and Anthony I will have your favorite detailing supplies waiting for you to get to work on my car :D

Bill D
08-03-2005, 09:08 AM
If I ever meet you I want you to autograph my rotary! :D

imported_series1
08-03-2005, 09:26 AM
If I ever meet you I want you to autograph my rotary! :DThats hilarious! But I would also like an autograph.

Bill D
08-03-2005, 09:29 AM
I`ve collected one from a Megs rep already. It may take me years and years to collect all the ones I`d like though.

Pats300zx
08-03-2005, 10:12 AM
If I ever meet you I want you to autograph my rotary! :D

And my PC :D

Way2SSlow
08-03-2005, 10:35 AM
Hey Guys :wavey

Pay attention and be alert as we may be visiting a town near you SOON and we would love to get together with as many people as possible and hang out :hifive:

There is a GM Plant in Doraville, GA. If you hit that one let me know.

Pats300zx
08-03-2005, 11:33 AM
There is a GM Plant in Doraville, GA. If you hit that one let me know.

Good point. There is a GM plant right by me in New Castle, Delaware. If you make it down that way please let me know. I would love to meet you guys.

Anthony O.
08-03-2005, 12:07 PM
We will keep ya`ll posted on where we may be going. We are also trying to set up some type of events....like a "hands-on Optimum detailing event" in certain areas where we would go over the entire line of products plus polishing instruction. These are still in the planning stage but we may be looking for "hosts" (car clubs, individuals, etc.) for these events.

I am really humbled and yet dumbfounded that anyone would want my autograph :nixweiss Last person who asked me for an autograph thought I was Howard Stern :D :chuckle:

Anthony