PDA

View Full Version : P21S applicator - keep or replace?

Mike-in-Orange
08-01-2005, 09:36 PM
I`m figuring that the little foam applicator supplied in the jar of P21S is a good applicator, but will it last the life of the product in the jar? I mean, since I`ve so little of the wax in two applications (which must mean I`m doing it right, right? :D ) I`m wondering if I should have a replacement on hand just in case. Not that I`d ever drop it....noooo, not me. Seriously, I have not dropped it.

Yet :nervous:

Suggestions for the better applicators out there? Stick with foam or go MF? How about an applicator for the sealant I use under the P21S? Foam or MF with that?

qwik5o
08-01-2005, 09:46 PM
Foam + paste = thee best

You could also pick up some extra Meguiar`s foam applicators, they sell em 2 for 1$ at my Wal-Mart.

mixxmstrmike
08-02-2005, 09:28 AM
The original pad that came with my S100 is good at best, but if you`re doing a lot of cars, it can be a pain to use it for an extended amount of time. Griot`s mini red pad with the velcro holder does the trick for me. It fits perfectly in the S100 container too, though I usually keep mine in a ziploc bag after use.

-Mike

zippymbr
08-02-2005, 10:26 AM
There have been several threads on this subject. the foam in the jar is actually a spacer to keep the wax in place during shipping. :) But I love to use is as an applicator as do many others. Mine is still holding up after many cars.

Mike-in-Orange
08-02-2005, 12:51 PM
the foam in the jar is actually a spacer to keep the wax in place during shipping. :)

Really!

Heh, yeah, yeah, I knew that................ :o

pontman43
08-02-2005, 08:26 PM
Really!

Heh, yeah, yeah, I knew that................ :o

I didn`t. :nervous:

Mike-in-Orange
08-02-2005, 09:47 PM
I didn`t. :nervous:

Looks like we both missed those other posts on this subject! Then again, we`re both new around here so I guess (I hope) we can be excused :grinno: