PDA

View Full Version : Quickshine Vs. Sonus Carnuba Spritz - Which provides a better gloss

Pages : [1] 2

imported_SilverStallion
08-01-2005, 05:06 PM
I am debating on stocking up on some quick detailer for the rest of the car show season as I like to use a QD at shows as I wipe it down during the day.

I was wondering which product between the Quickshine and the Sonus Carnuba Spritz provides the best gloss on a show car. I have both right now and find them similar, and therefore find it difficult to make a choice. Is one product better than the other when numerous applications will be applied over the course of the day at a car show?

Any comments from Autopians would be appreciated.

~Darren

Pats300zx
08-01-2005, 05:11 PM
I love both QD`s and use both religiously at car shows. I haven`t tried CS in direct sunlight but I know that Quickshine is great in direct sun. No streaks whatsoever which makes it great for shows. I really want to try the new Sonus Detailing Spritz. According to David B it is supposed to have a high carnuaba content with less chance of streaking.

I used the old CS this past weekend on my black 350Z and loved the results. The reflections were amazing.

Glossmaster
08-01-2005, 08:12 PM
Both great QD`s, I use them both, but my vote goes to QS. ( try some Crystal Mist, too!)

Richt
08-02-2005, 12:27 AM
Both are my two go to QDs, ease of use, and finish IMO on my Black Souveran`d car goes to Sonus Carnuba Spritz. (Been buying it up incase it now stops ) I love it. I may be the only one, but I have had some minor streaking in the sun on my hood with Quikshine.

Wasatch
08-02-2005, 06:05 AM
QS is a very nice QD.

Bill D
08-02-2005, 06:15 AM
I really want to try the new Sonus Detailing Spritz. According to David B it is supposed to have a high carnauba content with less chance of streaking.

Unfortunately, I`ve found some streaking with this product. This is in a garage, on a cool surface. :(

Crystal Mist never lets me down, wipe it on and like magic, beautiful shine with zero streaking.

Speaking of Quickshine, is this also a carnauba based QD?

Pats300zx
08-02-2005, 06:27 AM

As far as I know Quickshine has no carnuaba. It can be used with sealants with no issues.

Richt
08-02-2005, 06:56 AM
Unfortunately, I`ve found some streaking with this product. This is in a garage, on a cool surface. :(

Crystal Mist never lets me down, wipe it on and like magic, beautiful shine with zero streaking.

Oh dear this doesnt sound good then. I have some on order, we shall see, ordered another 3 bottles of Carnuba Spritz too though.

Yeah Quickshine is Carnuba free I believe.

Pats300zx
08-02-2005, 06:58 AM
Bill...thats not good. I have some on the way. Depending on how it works I might end up staying with my CS. Hope David plans to keep that in the Sonus line.

Richt
08-02-2005, 07:06 AM
Fingers crossed it stays guys.

Bill D
08-02-2005, 07:20 AM
Please note this is only my first impression, I haven`t used an awful lot of yet. I was a little discouraged when I noticed more streaking on my hood than I would`ve expected. When streaking gets to me I pull out the Crystal Mist and it solves the problems.

I do have the Sonus Carnauba Spritz and this pleases as well. Just like CM, no streaking. :up.

Richt
08-02-2005, 07:38 AM
Where the cheapest place to get Crystal Mist guys?

Cheers

Rich

RobDon
08-02-2005, 09:35 AM
I like QS and also the new Sonus detailing spritz too (very slick, no streaking issues here), I`d love to try some crystal mist though, sounds good.

Pats300zx
08-03-2005, 02:29 PM
I had a chance to try the new Sonus Detailing Spritz today and I think that I like the old Carnuaba Spritz better. The DS seems much thicker and hard to spread compared to the CS. It does leave a nice shine and I haven`t had any streaking issues yet.

I hope David keeps the old CS in the Sonus line up.

RobDon
08-03-2005, 02:37 PM
What about the Wolfgang instant detailing spritz - any good?