PDA

View Full Version : sealent vs a wax

Chang
08-01-2005, 02:47 PM
I am under the impression that a sealent adds a shiny reflection and protectoin while a wax adds depth and darkness. I wanted to know because I was going to order some hi-temp products and I was wondering if I should get the polymer sealent since I already have some megs #26 at home. So I could layer the sealent for a glossy, reflective shine while the #26 deepens and darkens. Is that what a sealent does? specifacally hi-temp polymer sealent?

Also, can the heavycut and extreme cut be used with PC wiht effectiveness I`ve heard that only the medium and light cut can be used with a PC and work effecitvly?

Oh one more do we have a discount at topoftheline?

imported_COBRyan
08-01-2005, 02:48 PM
TOL doesn`t even have a discount box on their checkout, so I doubt we get a discount there.

imported_series1
08-01-2005, 03:59 PM
You might be able to have some success with heavy or extreme cut but how bad are the scratches and swirls you will be dealing with. I`m guessing all you`ll need is the medium or light cut. Different sealants give different looks. For example some people say Wolfgang sealant gives a carnauba wax look to it. A sealant does give more protection than a carnauba and most sealants do give a shiny look and make the flake stand out. Carnauba waxes make the paint`s depth increase and make the paint look "wet". TOL also sells Klasse SG which is one of the best sealants I`ve used but the ease of use IMO is that it is kind of hard to buff off so make sure you apply it very thin just like other sealants.