PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for whites...

imported_Amused
08-01-2005, 07:46 AM
I know white doesn`t get much airtime here, but I was wondering what you all would suggest for a non-metallic white. I`m looking for a wet glow. My previous cars were either Nighthawk Black Pearl or Adriatic Blue Pearl Metallic, so white is a whole new beast to me.

Below are examples of non-metallic whites:

`96 Integra Type-R Championship White

`04 Evo VIII Weightless White

`04 STi Aspen White

Thanks - Jason

http://autopia.org/gallery/data/500/white.jpg

SidiousXXX
08-01-2005, 07:50 AM
Klasse AIO or PBs PwC followed wit PBs EX followed by Nattys.

Wasatch
08-01-2005, 08:08 AM
Adam`s Polishes Butter Wax, Tropi-Care TC-3, Chemical Guy`s Butter Wet Wax, Pinnacle Paste Glaz, and S100.

jimmie jam
08-01-2005, 08:24 AM
I have never owned anything but white cars. the best now that i have found for a POP with white..... nxt 2x, topped with IW845. the bomb on white, IMO.

imported_Amused
08-02-2005, 07:18 PM
Adam`s Polishes Butter Wax, Tropi-Care TC-3, Chemical Guy`s Butter Wet Wax, Pinnacle Paste Glaz, and S100.

I don`t know much about Tropi-Care, but I`ve heard good things about Adam`s Butter Wax. I didn`t capitalize on Paste Glaz before it went under...I kind of wish I did as it seems to be one of the better all time waxes. Maybe I`ll check out Adam`s.

imported_memnuts
08-03-2005, 03:21 PM
I own a Olympic white Escalade. This is non-metallic. I prep with Menzerna IP followed by Zaino PC Fusion. I clay once to twice a year to remove all deepen and hue changing embedded particulates. Shampooing is very important also to clean the paint of oils and grease.

My LSP of choice is Zaino Z2-PRO and maintained with Z8. Wetness, deep, glossy, reflective pastel white that blinds in bright sunlight and the just plain glows at night. :woot:

White can be quite stunning when Prepped and protected properly. :D

Just finish my black Z28 convertible with Optimum polish used in place of the Menzerna IP.

Can`t wait to do this to the Escalade. :dance

laefd
08-03-2005, 05:22 PM
3 of my 5 are white and I love it!! The secret to POP is the prep and details. Do the usual wash/clay and then AIO or Poorboys Pro Polish topped with Klasse SG or Upp (UPP is a bit less durable buy also a bit easier to apply and remove). My personal favorite combo is the KSG as a LSP.

Be sure you get the detail trim as clean and black as possible - moldings, bumpers, tires, window seals, etc. - if the details are rich and dark, the white POPs even more.

imported_Sullybob
08-03-2005, 05:32 PM
I am really liking Z2 Pro topped with Z8. Like blkZ28Conv said it "glows" at night.

imported_Amused
08-03-2005, 06:07 PM
I`ve had P21S, Blackfire, and CMW(currently) on my car, prepped with SSR2.5 and 1. They`ve all looked good, but surprisingly, CMW gave the most "pop" of the 3. However, I`ve yet to achieve the wet glow. I do have Z2Pro, Z8, and Optimum Polish in my arsenal that I have yet to try on white. Maybe that will be my next test case.

imported_gusbubba
08-03-2005, 06:36 PM
AIO topped with 845IW....clear , brilliant , super shiny and glossy.

wytstang
08-03-2005, 10:22 PM
On my white stang so far (which is all I have by the way :D) AIO/VM/#16 has given a nice wet look.

http://www.detailcity.com/showthread.php?t=12586

waxnbuff
08-03-2005, 10:55 PM
klasse AIO with a layer of BLITZ wax on top. over the BLITZ i top it with 845 IW. foolproof!!! cant go wrong with this simple combo.