PDA

View Full Version : water spot prevention

Killdoordingers
08-01-2005, 05:14 AM
I need some help and suggestions on preventing water spots. I have a black integra with good paint and was using the Dry Wash stuff exclusively til I ran out and began looking for alternatives.

I recently tried Crystal Guard Pro topped with a few layers of CG Quick(to add slickness) but found that water spotting occurred after just one rain(at night). I gave CG quick a few tries but it still seems to spot after just one rain.

I am now experimenting with the Klasse AIO/SG combo and have done the following:

1)Wash with Zymol car wash

2)Dry with Absorber and Water Sprite

3)Clay bar

4)Polish with Meguiar`s and Mothers scratch remover polishes(a feeble attempt to remove light spiderwebbing)

5)Klasse AIO

6)Klasse SG 1 layer applied via directions on bottle

7)Drove for a week

8)Wiped down dust with Meguiar`s QD spray and MF terry towel

9)Drove for another week

It seemed fine, even through two rain storms at night(I`d use the absorber/Water Sprite combo to pat dry the remaining water after it was garaged), but the other day I had it parked in the sun and the sprinklers went on at a friend`s town house. This caused water spots that the QD couldn`t remove. I had to use the AIO and some moderate pressure to get the spots out. I`ve searched the forum for water spots but can`t find any info that helps. What is a good product application order/method to help minimize water spotting?