PDA

View Full Version : July Xtreme Detail Contest

Pages : [1] 2 3

jonw440
08-01-2005, 04:44 AM
We have four fantastic entries for July!

Lets pick the winner.

Good luck to all!

JJ`s Entry from Scotland (http://autopia.org/forum/showthread.php?t=58876)

Scubastevo 2000 Chev. Malibu (http://autopia.org/forum/showthread.php?t=59223)

99se5spd 1994 BMW 740il (http://autopia.org/forum/showthread.php?t=59178)

Great catch on GSRStilez entry. (Thank You)

99se5spd
08-01-2005, 04:51 AM
Excellent jobs everyone, good luck.

*edit* Am I correct in observing that GSRStilez entry was for last months contest? I just noticed that the original post date was from the beginning of june.

-Dustin-

J.J.
08-01-2005, 06:05 AM
I also though professional detailers weren`t allowed to enter. I don`t care b/c I don`t enter anyway, but I always thought that was the rule.

All four details are awesome. It will definitley be a tough choice this month. Great work guys!!

JJ

Spilchy
08-01-2005, 07:00 AM
I also though professional detailers weren`t allowed to enter.

Sean is not a "professional" as in, this is not his career. If I remember correctly, he is a college student who has a job part time in the IT field.

Like many of us, this is something he does on the side to earn extra money.

Scuba_Buick, one of the other entries does this too to earn money as well. Like Sean, he has his promotional materials. But he`s in high school and this isn`t his career.

I would characterize Scottwax, Anthony Orosco, CleanDean, Superior Shine, etc... as "professionals". This is their career.

holland_patrick
08-01-2005, 07:39 AM
Sean is not a "professional" as in, this is not his career. If I remember correctly, he is a college student who has a job part time in the IT field.

Like many of us, this is something he does on the side to earn extra money.

Scuba_Buick, one of the other entries does this too to earn money as well. Like Sean, he has his promotional materials. But he`s in high school and this isn`t his career.

I would characterize Scottwax, Anthony Orosco, CleanDean, Superior Shine, etc... as "professionals". This is their career.

:rules: :sign

What he said... Sean does a lot but If you look scuba has basicly one for one with him

imported_Axe
08-01-2005, 12:55 PM
Yeah totally agree, yet Sean was not allowed to enter as he was considered a pro, go figure.

ScubaStevo
08-01-2005, 02:34 PM
I`m definatly not a pro? I only do this as a little side job as I go in highschool. I work at Red River Packaging full time during the summer, so I highly don`t consider detailing a profession.

Setec Astronomy
08-01-2005, 02:37 PM
Yeah totally agree, yet Sean was not allowed to enter as he was considered a pro, go figure.

Hold on there, Axe...his entry wasn`t pulled because he`s a "pro", it was pulled because it was a duplication from last month, an administative goof, not his.

holland_patrick
08-01-2005, 02:50 PM
I`m definatly not a pro? I only do this as a little side job as I go in highschool. I work at Red River Packaging full time during the summer, so I highly don`t consider detailing a profession.

I`m sorry steve Your a pro weather you like it or not You posting more cars then most right now.. Your braging about the high ends your going to bedoing and all the messy ones you did..

ScubaStevo
08-01-2005, 03:11 PM
I`m sorry steve Your a pro weather you like it or not You posting more cars then most right now.. Your braging about the high ends your going to bedoing and all the messy ones you did..

2 months a year is hardly professional. :werd:

Setec Astronomy
08-01-2005, 03:19 PM
Guys...break it up!

ScubaStevo
08-01-2005, 07:13 PM
Guys...break it up!

Sorry, I guess 2 full nights of drinking (most were un-alchoholic... :p ) and no sleep didn`t help too much with the anger. Sorry for that nonsense.

Setec Astronomy
08-01-2005, 07:19 PM
No sweat, man...it`s just you guys are fighting over nothing..."pro" status had nothing to do with the entry getting pulled, etc.

ScubaStevo
08-01-2005, 07:40 PM
No sweat, man...it`s just you guys are fighting over nothing..."pro" status had nothing to do with the entry getting pulled, etc.

WOOT! to a great drunken long weekend, and good luck to all contestants. :bestwish

Ben Kenobi
08-01-2005, 08:13 PM
Wow Steve that must have been a good weekend for you, it`s basically over! Seriously, good luck to everyone. All the details were top notch and showed the efforts of all contestants.

Paul :bigups