PDA

View Full Version : has anybody used Chemicalguys compounds. specifically laser buff

PaulTso
07-31-2005, 07:15 PM
Is this equiv to ssr 2.5, but ssr 2.5 being just laserbuff tweaked, and re formulated and re bottled? If somebody has used both products, how do they compare? if theyre similar i will go with Chemical guys and save 20 bux, but if there are any significant differences i wont mind spending 50 bux on the gallon of 2.5. I`ve used it and loved it. Just trying to save some money. Times are tough.

If laserbuffis nothing like 2.5, what cg compound is equivalent? thanks guys

J.J.
07-31-2005, 07:22 PM
I don`t have any laserbuff, but I do have some Medium Compund that is very similar to SSR 2. THe only difference I`ve found b/w CGs compounds and SSRs is liquidity. The SSRs seem thinner and and more fluid whereas the CGs are not fluid at all.

JJ

PaulTso
07-31-2005, 07:33 PM
ok i searched and i think i should just state that if anybody has any input on this topic, just talk about laser buff by itself. Shouldnt be using the ssr line for a comparison. Just wanted it to use it as a reference point

so if i use laser buff, will i get any hazing? say on a light cutting pad? (orange das)

J.J.
07-31-2005, 07:48 PM
There`s not a problem using the SSR line comparatively, however there is a problem in stating the two products are the same. That is were previous problems arose. They are to be discussed as two distinct polishes, therefore members are allowed to compare and contrast the products. That`s what Autopia is for!

JJ