PDA

View Full Version : SSR2.5 and hazing

gh0st
07-30-2005, 07:42 PM
I just got done with one coat of SSR2.5 on a black 00 Celica. I noticed that after the first coat with a yellow pad it got rid of most of the big scratches but it left these little "C" scratches that im guessing are from my PC. I tried going over it with an orange pad but that didn`t help. I also tried the my 4* SMR with both yellow and orange but they didn`t want to leave, even after 2 coats of the 4*. It seems like I have no happy medium between the two products. I dont know if I`m still making new swirls with the orange pad or if I`m jst not getting rid of the old ones :/

Any suggestions on the process I should be using for this stuff? Should I but SSR2 and 1? How many coats/passes of this stuff should I do?

SidiousXXX
07-30-2005, 07:51 PM
Try another SMR

Maybe Optimum or some DACP. If you pay shipping I will will send you 8 ozs of DACP or 8 ozs OP, or PM me for other options.

a.k.a. Patrick
07-30-2005, 07:51 PM
Its very typical of 2.5. I was recently summoned to rid those little marks on a 05 GT for that same reason. Poor guy thought he ruined the finish on the Mustang ! I hit it with 2.5 again and a green pad to get a fresh start, then went with Optimum and green again, sealed `er up with BF.......

Today I finally attacked the fornt end of my 00 Expy with 2.5 and a green pad, then went with 3D finishing polish and was really impressed with the 3D product.....Sealed up with UPP......

Scottwax
07-30-2005, 07:55 PM
Could be something got caught in the pad, like dirt and scratched the paint.

ZaneO
07-30-2005, 08:03 PM
I get a fair amount of micro-marring with 2.5 and an orange pad.

gh0st
07-30-2005, 08:13 PM
Could be something got caught in the pad, like dirt and scratched the paint.

I dont think so, they`re much to frequent and I washed the pad a couple times while I was using it.

J.J.
07-30-2005, 08:34 PM
Green pad and 2.5 at a speed of 4-5 should fix you right-up! Make sure you work it in very well moving slowly across the paint. THis will work best out of the sun thus allowing you to work the polish a little more.

JJ

a.k.a. Patrick
07-30-2005, 09:26 PM
I get a fair amount of micro-marring with 2.5 and an orange pad.

Precisely what happened to my client.....meaning thats what prompted the call to me....

imported_Amused
07-30-2005, 09:57 PM
I get little to no hazing with SSR2.5 w/ an LC white pad, PC @ 5. Maybe your pad choice is too aggressive for a haze free finish? I like to step down to SSR1 whether or not I have hazing before going to an LSP. If you`re washing and reusing the pads while polishing, you might be introducing water from a damp pad into the 2.5, which will make you have more cut.