PDA

View Full Version : Scratch X put in some fine scratches

imported_pdsterns
07-30-2005, 04:19 PM
I had some slightly frosted areas on the edges of the trunk, each area was on top corner edge, I noticed them after I picked up the car from the dealer. Anyway I`ve worked on them with scratch X and have gotten the frosty stuff cleaned up but I see some very fine scratches, only visable in bright sunlight, kind of like fine spider webs there now. They are in the direction that I worked the Scratch X (front to back). What should I use to try and remove these very fine marks?

Black240SX
07-30-2005, 04:24 PM
What type of applicator are you using?

If they were caused by the Scratch-X, you can remove them with Scratch-X. You just need the right technique.

imported_pdsterns
07-30-2005, 04:28 PM
I used an MF pad, one of those sponges wrapped with MF, oval shaped about 1" thick x 2" wide x 4" long.

imported_pdsterns
07-30-2005, 04:35 PM
Mike says

http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1516

Broke out the foam pad and gave it a try. Worked it 3 times on both areas, all gone. I guess the softer pad is all I needed.

Richt
07-31-2005, 12:41 AM
The only time I have noticed doing this is with Autoglym Paint renovater by hand under halogen, I then used the Scratch X and a foam hand pad to fix it.

I find it works best with a foam pad to help it finish down, also make sure you work it long enough and with some pressure so it breaks down. I have also cleared up fine marks like the ones you mention with Autoglym Super Resin ( again after usinng there Paint renovator before I owned any Scratch X).