PDA

View Full Version : What`s with Meg`s PLASTX?

MorBid
07-29-2005, 06:43 PM
K I brought some of this stuff a couple of weeks ago as I was tired of what I was using to clean the Instrument Cluster in my A4 (too dusty) and I liked the reviews I read.

Probelm is I can`t get the stuff off. It always leaves a haze of product no matter how little or much I use.

I`ve rubbed it like I was expecting something "exciting to happen", I`ve rubbed it very little and yet still can`t get it off clean.

Tired my best MF`s (that never scratch the CC), and used a foam applicator (read that over on Meg`s forum where incidently others have reported the same issue).

In bright light my cluster looks like sh*t now.

Can some kind knowledgeable soul help a brother out??

stevet
07-29-2005, 06:54 PM
I use a MF app when I use Plastx. I dampen it with water. Plastx is a polish with diminishing abrasives and needs to be worked well. It`s not a wipe on wipe off product. I work it until it`s almost gone and it works very well.

Mothers Plastic polish is more user friendly IMO.

MorBid
07-29-2005, 06:57 PM
Thanks, I did try using a MF as an applicator but wasn`t getting anywhere. I`ve worked it till it`s gone clear shouldn`t the polish be broken down by then?

stevet
07-29-2005, 07:22 PM
I`ve worked it till it`s gone clear shouldn`t the polish be broken down by then?

I would think so. Seems like you tried everything except a damp app. Maybe you got a bad batch? One thing I forgot to mention is I will finish off with Plexus. This cleans up clear plastic really well and leaves it crystal clear.

MorBid
07-29-2005, 07:37 PM
Thanks for helping and I`ll try both suggestions.

imported_memnuts
07-29-2005, 07:56 PM
I would think so. Seems like you tried everything except a damp app. Maybe you got a bad batch? One thing I forgot to mention is I will finish off with Plexus. This cleans up clear plastic really well and leaves it crystal clear.

I totally agree about the Plexus.

I use the Meg`s Plastix for only exterior plastics. Plexus for interior. I find PlastX, though an excellent exterior cleaner/polish too abrasive for interior softer plastics like the gauge cluster len.

Try the Plexus to clear up the Plastix problem.

BigAl3
07-29-2005, 08:19 PM
suprisingly.... this is one megs product that i haven`t gotten good results with.

stevet
07-29-2005, 08:34 PM
I totally agree about the Plexus.

I use the Meg`s Plastix for only exterior plastics. Plexus for interior. I find PlastX, though an excellent exterior cleaner/polish too abrasive for interior softer plastics like the gauge cluster len.

Try the Plexus to clear up the Plastix problem.

I only use PlastX or Mothers Plastic Polish for interior when I am removing defects in the clear plastic that Plexus won`t correct. For regular maintenance I use Plexus and my best MF towels. You are correct Plastx is too aggressive for regular up keep of the interior plastic.

MorBid
07-31-2005, 01:41 PM
Well thanks everyone for replying, it seems i`ll have to add yet another plastic polish to my aresnal as I won`t be able to use this Plastx for what I brought it for (Instrument Cluster).

I`ll put a order in for some Plexus.

Bill D
07-31-2005, 01:53 PM
For simple cluster cleaning I use Novus #1 and a MF.

MorBid
07-31-2005, 07:54 PM
well just to be up front about it, Illusion`s tip about using a damp MF to apply did seem to make some difference.

I tried it tonite and was able to get the hazing down alot from b4. The Cluster still needs that little something extra (being Plexus) to meet my satisfaction.

If this stuff didn`t clean my HID`s and tailights so well it would`ve gone back to the store long ago.

Thanks Illusion for the tip.

imported_memnuts
08-01-2005, 12:22 PM
Morbid,

Check out a local motorcycle shop. They aways carry Plexus. Many bikers use this product for helmet visors cleaning and polishing. No need to order online.

Bill D
08-02-2005, 08:48 AM
I saw Novus #1 there as well.

Asonyexec
08-02-2005, 08:56 AM
Only PLEXUS on my interior pastic.