PDA

View Full Version : SM Arnold Pads, throw in your .02

HIeRpwRd
07-29-2005, 10:52 AM
was sold on the LC pads, but my newly found favorite distributor suggests i look into these pads...

what do you guys think?

i know LC makes pads for several companies who relabel them and market them as their own, but in contrast, Im pretty sure SM Arnold makes their own pads...

have a big order to place, and would like to narrow it down ASAP, as always your insight is much appreciated

:thumbs up:

Bill D
07-29-2005, 10:56 AM
Yeah, I`m pretty sure they make their own too. Why not split your order 50:50 between LC and SM and compare? If it turns out well, you might`ve just discovered a "gem of a pad". ;)

I don`t see much mention of the SMs here while there is considerable praise from the LCs. It seems to be a simple matter of popularity.

EBPcivicsi
07-29-2005, 11:09 AM
I have used the SM arnold 6" pads quite a bit now as I can get them locally for about $7.

They are nice pads, I can`t get them to delaminate even by throwing them in the washing machine. The construction is top noch IMO.

The downfall for me is that they are not offered in enough grades, I would really like it if they had an equivalant to the LC orange pad. The green pad is a good mid-range pad, I do not care for the yellow(so far). The other problem that I have with them is that the backing material is not always centered perfectly on the pad. This is a problem for me becasue if I use these pads on the rotary they will wobble. If you are looking for dedicated 6" pads to use with your PC and you can pick these up locally, I say go for it.

wannafbody
07-29-2005, 01:15 PM
SM Arnold pads are pretty good. they make the Speedy Foam in 50, 60,70,80,90 PPI varieties for rotary and PC. check www.tptools.com they also make pads for CarQuest I believe.

Bill D
07-29-2005, 01:41 PM
Yeah, when I saw some Car Quest 8" pads, they had those signature SM cooling slots. Anyone know if the CarQuests come in 6.5" ?

MorBid
07-29-2005, 02:43 PM
I have/use them as they are they are one for the few pads in any selection I can get locally.

They`re a no muss no fuss type brand. Never had probelms with the foam or backing.

HIeRpwRd
07-29-2005, 02:53 PM
cool...

pretty encouraging...

i know alot of you guys make a living doing this, im just trying to give my cars what they deserve :D

either way its sucks to overpay....

ive searched the web long and hard and the best deal Ive found on the LC pads and the SMA`s are at www.winnerscircledetailingproducts.com

i understand theyre almost out of stock of the LC`s, but will have them back in stock sometime soon...

might want to check them out, nothing speaks louder than discounted prices- when you put that together with top notch customer service you know your dealing with the right distributors....

i think im going to go ahead and order these, trouble is i wont know how they compare to the LC`s as ive never used them.....

for those of you who have used the SMA`s, what pads would you use with the menzerna line

FPII

Final Touch Glaze

FMJ

finish is in very good shape, only minor spider marks and water spots...

think i better start a new thread :confused:

HIeRpwRd
07-30-2005, 03:27 PM
anyone else?