PDA

View Full Version : Custom User Titles

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

JasonD
07-28-2005, 08:59 PM
Okay guys, it seems we are having some issues with trying to change the default user title from Registered User to a custome title.

To everyone that has successfully made this change, please lend a hand trying to help other members who are having difficulties.

AFAIK, all you need to do is click on LINKS at the top right hand corner of your screen, and then click on Edit Profile.

Once in the Edit Profile area, there should be three main categories: Registration Required Information, Optional Information, and Additional Information

The area you should be looking for is Optional Information which is the box right in the middle.

In this area you should see another smaller box that is titled Custom User Title. It will show you the current title you are using and a blank box that allows you to change this to a custom title. Go ahead and type in your new custom title, and then scroll to the bottom of the page and click on Save Changes.

This is the only way that I know of to change your user title. If you don`t see these things, either there is a glitch or you aren`t looking in the right place.

Post all concerns in this thread in regards to Custom User Titles. Thank you.

Bill D
07-28-2005, 09:07 PM
I remember now, when DB made the changes the other night, he was modifiying the Moderator`s group IIRC. The changes evidently didn`t apply to every single member in the community.

JasonD
07-28-2005, 09:11 PM
Hmm, so some can change their titles and some can`t?

Bill D
07-28-2005, 09:13 PM
I`m not sure, I just got word from PrinzII for those having issues to clear their cookies/cache. Maybe that will do it. :nixweiss

imported_Sullybob
07-28-2005, 09:13 PM
Once in the Edit Profile area, there should be three main categories: Registration Required Information, Optional Information, and Additional Information

In the Additional Information section I have Home Page URL, Instant Messaging, ICQ Number, AIM Screen Name, MSN Messenger Handle and Yahoo! Messenger Handle. I donts see User Title box :nixweiss

White95Max
07-28-2005, 09:14 PM
Nope...followed your directions, and also tried going to USER CP and then to the Edit Profile button, still doesn`t work.

JasonD
07-28-2005, 09:16 PM
Well, Bill must be right. For some reason some people have the option and some don`t.

Shawn,

It would be directly above Home Page URL if you had it.

It seems like everyone has the Home Page URL box and the Instant Messaging box, but no Custom User Title box. Very weird. Must be another one of those glitches Prinz and David are busting their butts on.

chml17l
07-28-2005, 09:18 PM
It doesn`t appear above my home page url either.

Bill D
07-28-2005, 09:20 PM
Very :confused: :confused:

BottleHead
07-28-2005, 09:45 PM
Not here either.

....BH

Hemi57
07-28-2005, 10:45 PM
In the Additional Information section I have Home Page URL, Instant Messaging, ICQ Number, AIM Screen Name, MSN Messenger Handle and Yahoo! Messenger Handle. I donts see User Title box :nixweiss

Yep, I have the same condition as described by Sullybob.

JeffM
07-29-2005, 03:09 AM
I dont have it.

J.J.
07-29-2005, 05:29 AM
Me neither!

klnyc
07-29-2005, 07:35 AM
Me neither...zip,nada,zero..nothing.

Pats300zx
07-29-2005, 07:38 AM
I have it....