PDA

View Full Version : The following picture got me thinking.

Dalton
01-06-2005, 05:57 PM
This is a picture posted by stluciedetail (didnt mean to steal your pic but I have none of mine at the moment). Great job by the way. Car looks good But looking at the picture got me thinking. See the bottom left foot rest? I have the same one in my car and it is alway a PITA to clean. How do you clean that? Or how would you clean it? I have tried with brushes, towels soaking with water and always seem to make a mess. the problem is if you use water or cleaner it runs on to your carpet. How do you guys do it? Notice it is very "grooved" not a smooth surface on it.

stluciedetail
01-06-2005, 06:03 PM
ive never cleaned mine. if i ever did I would just put some leather conditioner on it. or some type of interior dressing.

Dalton
01-06-2005, 06:03 PM
I do the same but the grooves would stay dirty.

vdubbya
01-06-2005, 06:26 PM
I either lay a towel down for the dirty water to run on to or just extract it when I`m done. To clean this part(dead peadal)I usually use Westleys Bleach White and a stiff nylon brush, just like the tires. Work`s really well for me. You should never dress it up for the safety of your clients!

joshcaro
01-06-2005, 06:48 PM
Well thats a lot like cleaning my pedals. I used just any brush (toothbrush works well) and some APC. I dont mind it running into my carpet, because then it gives me a reason to clean up my carpet a little. But put some newspaper down or a towel to prevent it from hitting the carpet. Thanks for the pm Dalton!!:)

Dalton
01-06-2005, 07:59 PM
No Problem. I guess thats what I will do. APC and a brush and jsut vacuum anything that runs on the floor.

Thanks guys

vdubbya
01-06-2005, 09:31 PM
That`ll do the trick!

tubafeak
01-06-2005, 10:12 PM
I hate to say it, but I use Turtle Wax Multi-Purpose cleaner on it, it was designed for both fabric and vinyl/rubber. Lots of scrubbing must be involved. It sucks up tobbacco tar too!

G35stilez
01-07-2005, 04:39 PM
Go figure...I have the same one in my Acura too...

I spray APC (10:1) on it and let soak for about 30 seconds, I then use an older WW MF or Terry Towel (thick nap) and scrub it down. The deep knap gets in the grooves nicely. Once dry, I spray some dressing on it...Let dry for 10, and wipe down. Comes out nice, but as expected it gets dirty quick. Just wipe it down each week.