PDA

View Full Version : Are these MF towels any good?

Pages : [1] 2

imported_series1
07-28-2005, 02:41 PM
Does anybody have any microfiber towels from microfibertech.com? The ones I was looking at were the Ultra Microfiber towels. Any info on these towels would be great. Edit: I took out the link because I can`t get it to work. Microfibertech.com is the name of the website then go to microfiber towels on the left side and then it leads you to the towels.

Wasatch
07-28-2005, 03:01 PM
Link did not work for me. I think they were mention here before though.

papi_jay
07-28-2005, 09:24 PM
http://www.microfibertech.com/

04MysticCobra
07-29-2005, 04:49 AM
Does anybody have any microfiber towels from microfibertech.com? The ones I was looking at were the Ultra Microfiber towels. Any info on these towels would be great. Edit: I took out the link because I can`t get it to work. Microfibertech.com is the name of the website then go to microfiber towels on the left side and then it leads you to the towels.

I am not familar with the Ultra MF towels but I have 12 of the Elite MF towels from microfibertech and they are the best towels that I own. I have had them for 2 years now and they look and work like they are brand new. these towels just dont wear out. I washed them so many times in the last 2 years you would think they would wear a little. I also use white vinegar for every rinse cycle and that has helped to keep them soft. you probably cant go wrong with the Ultra towel either but the Elite towels are tops for me. the price is higher but in the long run if they last as long they have its worth the cost to me. I have mf towels from most all vendors and I like these elites the best.

Later, 04MysticCobra.

AudiOn19s
07-29-2005, 05:06 AM
I`ll agree with Mystic here...the Elite towels are VERY nice....still my go to towel for QD work...but I actually find that they are sometimes TOO soft (is that possible) to remove difficult products from the surface. You cannot go wrong with these towels though...I used to get them through autofiber.com which is no longer around.

Andy

Setec Astronomy
07-29-2005, 05:36 AM
Holy crap! That pricing is great now on the Elite towels! I bought my first ones from autofiber.com, but then I found I could get the same towel elsewhere for somewhat less, but 12 for $30 is really cheap for that towel; the Elite is really the best towel I have seen, although as I said there are others that are equal. Back to the question, I have never tried the Ultras.

J.J.
07-29-2005, 07:26 AM
The elite towels look very similar to PakShak Ultra Plush Plus towels, which are infact my favortite towel. THe Ultra Plush Plus has two sides, one with a thick nap that resembles the Elite towel and one with a thin nap for removing waxes and such. It`s a great towel from PakShak and the price is equivalent after the Autopian discount... maybe cheaper.

JJ

Setec Astronomy
07-29-2005, 07:48 AM
So nobody can tell us about the Ultra towels?

the other pc
07-29-2005, 08:48 AM
The AutoFiber.com (http://www.autofiber.com/) url is still active for viewing products and info but routes you back to MicrofiberTech.com (http://www.microfibertech.com/) to do the shopping.

I haven`t tried their plush weave towels but I have some of their grey waffle weaves. Darn good towels.

PC.

imported_series1
07-29-2005, 09:10 AM
Thanks for the replies. Sorry I couldn`t get a link to work. From what you guys say the Elite towels are lookin good but the reason I was lookin at the ultras was becasue they had a thin nap which would be easier to remove polishes that don`t come off so easily.

Bill D
07-29-2005, 09:54 AM
The Elite and products from MFtech in general are some of the best in the business. I have Elites that are going on 3 years old now, they look and perform as good as new. I would certainly consider them and the offerings from Ranney to be in the top tier! :2thumbs:

Setec Astronomy
08-02-2005, 07:15 AM
Sheesh....if nobody is going to comment on the Ultra towels I may just have to try some to find out...the 10 pc. price looks good :o

Now I`m looking at the pic of the Elites on the microfibertech website, and they seem to have rounded corners vs. the squared-off corners on mine, and a different edging. Anybody know whether these towels have changed slightly vs. a year ago?

EDIT: You can more easily see the difference in the 16x24 here (http://www.microfibertech.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=35), my Elites have square corners and a less contrasting edging.

04MysticCobra
08-02-2005, 12:39 PM
Sheesh....if nobody is going to comment on the Ultra towels I may just have to try some to find out...the 10 pc. price looks good :o

Now I`m looking at the pic of the Elites on the microfibertech website, and they seem to have rounded corners vs. the squared-off corners on mine, and a different edging. Anybody know whether these towels have changed slightly vs. a year ago?

EDIT: You can more easily see the difference in the 16x24 here (http://www.microfibertech.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=35), my Elites have square corners and a less contrasting edging.

I have never used the Ultra towels from Microfibertech so I can`t comment on them but I do have 12 of the old style Elite MF towels and 3 of the new style 16x16 MF Towels that look like the image on their website. My old Elite`s are 2 years old, still look new and perform like the day I bought them. I got 3 of the new Elite`s recently and I never thought they could improve on the old Elite towel but they have. It`s softer and more plush than the old Elite MF and has an edging on it now that feels like silk. I hope they hold up as well as the old towels have. I used them already for some LSP buffing and they work as well or better than the old Elite towels. The Elite has been my go to MF towel for the last 2 years for Buffing and it looks like they will keep on going. I plan to get a dozen more of the new 16x16`s and maybe some of the 16x24`s too.

Later,04MysticCobra.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2004 Mystichrome Cobra coupe

2004 Majestic Blue Maxima SE

gsrghost
08-02-2005, 01:27 PM
these are the only MF I have ever purchased, so I don`t have anything to compare them to. However, they hold up well and are still very soft and fluffy. I have had them for 2 years and have don`t have any reason to replace them or try anthing else. hope this helps. seems like everyone else who posted here likes them as well.

imported_series1
08-02-2005, 01:54 PM
these are the only MF I have ever purchased, so I don`t have anything to compare them to. However, they hold up well and are still very soft and fluffy. I have had them for 2 years and have don`t have any reason to replace them or try anthing else. hope this helps. seems like everyone else who posted here likes them as well.Your talking about the Elite towel or the Ultra. The only thing I worry about is the Elite being to plush. I knid of want something with a medium nap.