PDA

View Full Version : Megs Gold Class Car wash and megs #26 liquid

Pages : [1] 2

Chang
07-28-2005, 10:40 AM
I wanted peoples opinions on Megs Gold Class Car Wash, I went to the autozone today and it cost me 7 bucks for a tiny little bottle 6 bucks!!! I was going to buy the megs deep crystal b/c it was 3 bucks for a huge bottle. Do you think gold class is worth the 7 bucks or should I just stick with deep crystal.

Also I was wondering if any of you have ever tried Megs #26 Yellow liquid wax. This one is also at autozone and it was in liquid form not paste, I always thought #26 was paste but I guess not. I have a red single stage MR2, I here good things about #26 on red making it look dark and deep.

Thanks,

Chang

Rolla
07-28-2005, 11:01 AM
I wanted peoples opinions on Megs Gold Class Car Wash, I went to the autozone today and it cost me 7 bucks for a tiny little bottle 6 bucks!!! I was going to buy the megs deep crystal b/c it was 3 bucks for a huge bottle. Do you think gold class is worth the 7 bucks or should I just stick with deep crystal.

Also I was wondering if any of you have ever tried Megs #26 Yellow liquid wax. This one is also at autozone and it was in liquid form not paste, I always thought #26 was paste but I guess not. I have a red single stage MR2, I here good things about #26 on red making it look dark and deep.

Thanks,

Chang

So how much did it cost, 6 or 7? But either way that is the going rate for it. The GC wash is better then the deep crystal one from what I have read. Yes #26 comes in liquid and paste. I have used liquid only and was great. That or NXT will make your red look real great.

imported_truzoom
07-28-2005, 11:06 AM
Yikes..you can go to target and they sell a gallon jug of gold class wash for 10 bucks. People have said it is a bit harsh on the LSP, but it works pretty well and suds nicely. I used to use deep crystal wash, and I found it to be no different than meguiar`s other washes, and it`s cheaper and smells nice. :)

The #26 wax is probably the most durable meguiar`s wax you`ll get locally at the consumer level. It was the first wax I ever used and I still go back to it on occasion because it`s easy to apply/remove and leaves a lot of shine.

pin
07-28-2005, 11:23 AM
According to someone from Meguiar`s, the Gold Class wash is their top shelf wash. I believe he considers it better than even NXT wash.

I`ve used Deep Crystal for years, and now I only use it for washing wheels and wheel wells. It`s an ok wash, but other washes offer better lubrication and longer lasting cleaning ability.

gav'spurplez
07-28-2005, 12:50 PM
do you have a target store ?? they have the 126 oz GC car wash bottles for like 9.99

i have not used the # 26 :sadwavey:

Way2SSlow
07-28-2005, 01:23 PM
According to someone from Meguiar`s, the Gold Class wash is their top shelf wash. I believe he considers it better than even NXT wash.

Wow. I much prefer the NXT wash myself.

the other pc
07-28-2005, 01:36 PM
I love GC wash, great stuff.

The 16oz. is pricey, list is $6.99. The larger sizes are downright cheap, half gal lists for $8.99 while the one gal lists at $10.99 but, as gav`spurplez points out, Target sells them for a buck less. The best deal is at Costco, they sell a 1.25 gal jug (a Costco exclusive) for about eight bucks. I`m still mad I tossed the empty 16 oz bottle I had years ago. :wall I could be using it as a dispensing bottle for the big sizes I`m using now.

I think I read that part about being hard on LSPs someplace too but I can`t imagine why. It sure seems gentle to me. I`ve had LSPs last for many months with many GC washings.

In fact, #26 was one of those LSPs that seems to last forever with regular GC washing. #26 comes as both a paste and a liquid. I use liquid myself, it`s an excellent wax.

PC.

Wasatch
07-28-2005, 01:50 PM
CG is a very nice car shampoo, but I`m switching over to NXT.

JustinR32
07-28-2005, 02:30 PM
I prefer the GC wash to the NXT; I don`t have a hard water problem, and GC works best for me.

This is one of those instances where the consumer product is IMO a little bit better than the professional product. Over the last year I went through 3 pints of Meg`s #00 and one half gallon of #62. Both are excellent wash products, but IMO both GC and NXT washes are better.

Tom

Alfisti
07-28-2005, 05:47 PM
Tom, out of curiosity, in what way did you find them better?

The only Megs wash I`ve tried was the Soft Suds (same as Deep Crystal?) and was dissappointed. BTW, I know its at the bottom of the Megs car wash food chain so I wasn`t expecting much.

These days I`m a big fan of E1 car wash for bang-for-your-bucks. I get excellent results from it and its inexpensive - even in car-care expensive Australia! E1 is $9.99 a jug, and NXT is $25 a jug!!

JustinR32
07-28-2005, 06:06 PM
Alfisti,

For me, GC is thicker and slipperier. It seems to spread better. NXT is close, but isn`t as slippery. The #62 and the #00 are both a bit thinner and seem to have less lubricity.

I`m surprised, I didn`t use the GC for over a year because I don`t like the smell, and I never really cared for Gold Class Wax; GC Shampoo also carried that stigma with it. I was expecting to not like it better.

I always liked the E1 shampoo, for the $15 difference I`d buy it, too.

Tom

Alfisti
07-28-2005, 06:36 PM
Great, thanks. :up

klnyc
07-28-2005, 06:49 PM
Yeah GC is good.. You should try TOFL Bubble Bath.

Rolla
07-29-2005, 06:11 AM
I just got NXT wash yesterday and is great over the deep crystal washed I used before. Lots os suds, niceeeeeeee smell and good cleaning(car wasn`t too dirty tho). I did not use too much and use the wal mart "foam" gun and got good results.

Chang
07-29-2005, 06:37 AM
Used gold class today, not to many suds, but it was very slippery and lubricated very well, smelled nice too :)

So would #26 liquid would be a very good wax for red? I think I`m going to pick some up for 9.99 can`t beat that. Any other good waxes you recommend for red. I think a deep dark shine would be preferable to a reflective shine for a red color.