PDA

View Full Version : Help w/ White Convertible Top

slick61
07-28-2005, 09:01 AM
Have tried RaggTopp cleaner... couldn`t really tell any difference.

Most of the stains appear to be from where dirt got ground into the folds when the top was down (previous owner, NOT ME!)

Have also tried Meguiar`s Vinyl (marine) cleaner... a little better

But I still have some stains in my white (vinyl) convertible top that I`d like to try & get out before I apply the protectant (303).

Amazing roll-off is hard to find in SoCal, as are a lot of other cleaners due to environmental regulations.

Have heard of using diluted non-chlorine bleach & Woolite... any comments?

At this point, I`m so frustrated that I`m tempted to dilute some Wesley`s Tire Bleach & have at it. I know it`s not the greatest for the stitching, but for a one-time cleaning...

Naturally, I worry about the black trim around the top well. I could tape it off, or apply a more aggressive cleaner with a sponge (instead of spraying) to minimize dripping/streaking of product.

Has been difficult to let ANY product dwell for more than 5-10 minutes. With temps around 100 & humidity below 20%, can`t even get the car dried off before it`s spotted.

Would welcome any input...

switerajaya
07-28-2005, 12:43 PM
Do you have RV dealerships near. I have seen seen Amazing Rolloff sold there.

sbkang
07-28-2005, 01:28 PM
Have you tried Castrol Super Clean or equivalent "purple cleaners"?

Mike-in-Orange
07-28-2005, 03:03 PM
Have you tried 303`s Vinyl Convertible Top Cleaner?

JasonD
07-28-2005, 03:10 PM
It`s funny that you mention Westley`s Bleche White because when I detailed my fiance`s white convertible before selling it, nothing would get the stains off the white sail cloth top, and I mean nothing. So I pulled out the Bleche White and went to town. I dilluted it 50/50 with water and put it in a garden sprayer, then misted the whole top and let it soak for about 15 minutes, re-misting it when it started to look a little dry. I also made sure nothing stayed on the paint by rinsing the body of the car pretty much constantly, and let me tell you, that top *never* looked so good. It was gleaming white after I was done.

I`m sure I took a little life off the top, but it was the only way to get it clean. I can remember back in the day people using Tilex to clean their tops with. Not saying any of this is good for a top, but if it`s that bad, I`d be willing to do anything to make it look new again.