PDA

View Full Version : Water Spots on glass.

jhigday
07-27-2005, 02:48 PM
Before this winter my parents decided to get a pool table, and when they bought one it they put it into the garage which shoved my baby outside...I live in Oregon so the weather is messed up alot, I tried to wash is as many times as I could, and even went to a friends garage once to: Wash, Claybar, Wash, NXT, topped off with some random carnuba, looked great for a little over three weeks. I still dont have a garage, and that one garage I used once is now somebody elses house. So after the spring(where it rains hard in oregon), i have major water spot damage on my windows only.

I got up way early this morning before it got warm to clean my car, and decided to claybar the windows to get rid of the water spots on the windows. The claybar removed everything that the simple wash couldn`t, I even run my finger over it and its very smooth, not like what it was before.

I just now went out to look at again, and i noticed that where the waterspots are, doesn`t catch any dirt, but the water spots are still there...its odd, I just dont get it...hopefully I can get a picture soon.

Has anyone else ran into this problem to where you can see the water spots still there(whitish looking), but theres just nothing there on the outside of the window..

I could use help with great detail..I did use the search button, and thats where I got my claybar idea.

brwill2005
07-27-2005, 02:58 PM
Try One Grands Glass Polish. It works very well removing water spots on glass. You can use it with a PC or other orbital as well.

Gaz
07-27-2005, 03:30 PM
I got rid of water spots on my windows with Autoglym car glass polish (by hand). It`s probably similar to the previously mentioned polish.

Pats300zx
07-27-2005, 04:36 PM
I have had good luck with a product called Duragloss glass polish. It took off alot of water spot etching from my 300ZX t-tops that vinegar would not touch.

SVR
07-28-2005, 03:41 AM
Other good products are 1Z glass polish, DP glass restorer, SONUS glass & chrome polish and diamondite deep surface cleaner and D3 compound glaze.