PDA

View Full Version : Bitmaps on my computer.

6']['9
07-26-2005, 05:07 PM
every time i want to save a pic of the internet it automatically saves it as a bitmap. why doesnt it save it as a JPEG i dotn know whats going on. can anyone help. :bawling:

Hemi57
07-26-2005, 08:27 PM
Are you right clicking on the image and then selecting "Save Image As..." ? You should be able to then select the "Save as type", then from the pull down list of file types select "jpeg".

Ben Kenobi
07-26-2005, 09:27 PM
I think you mean "Save Picture As" as least it is in the later versions of Windows. Most pics on web pages are jpg`s and it is the default. type when you go to save. You can save it as a bitmap if you want but they take up more space. Any further problems let us know!

Paul

imported_truzoom
07-26-2005, 09:53 PM
this is a problem concerning your web cache. if you`re using internet explorer, go to the tools menu, then click internet options and in the middle of the box, click on delete files and check `delete all offline content`.

6']['9
07-27-2005, 03:43 PM
this is a problem concerning your web cache. if you`re using internet explorer, go to the tools menu, then click internet options and in the middle of the box, click on delete files and check `delete all offline content`.

thanks ill try that, usually when i save a pic and in that drop down box where it lets you choose they Jpeg or bitmap.. it always has bitmap only so it doesnt let me choose on how to save it. But i did delete that offline content and we`ll see if that does it.

Thanks guys.

Scottwax
07-27-2005, 07:41 PM
Clear your cache. You really need to run a program like CCleaner or Window Washer to completely clean your cache. Also, under temporary internet files, click on settings and move the indicator all the way to the max.

6']['9
07-27-2005, 07:59 PM
Clear your cache. You really need to run a program like CCleaner or Window Washer to completely clean your cache. Also, under temporary internet files, click on settings and move the indicator all the way to the max.

where it says amount of disk space to use, i set that at the max?

6']['9
08-07-2005, 06:30 PM
i did that and it all worked thanks guys!!

6']['9
08-07-2005, 06:30 PM
i did that and it all worked thanks guys!!