PDA

View Full Version : Meguiar`s water magnet

droptop92
07-26-2005, 12:52 PM
Meguiar`s Water Magnet is 6.99 at pep boys just to let autopians know, just bought one so have not tested it yet but I heard it works good. Great price, Autozone sells it for like 9.99

:welcome

Setec Astronomy
07-26-2005, 01:01 PM
Yes, I found that on the Gold Class Accesories, Pep Boys is lower than list on some items (like the Water Magnet) and higher on others (like Evencoat Applicators).

imported_COBRyan
07-26-2005, 01:15 PM
I got my WM from them too. Autozone carries it for $9.99. Pepboys has all of the NXT products much cheaper too. And they have the Mothers Showtime.

I love my water magnet! The first couple of times I wasn`t too impressed, but after several washes, it got better and better. I think it really needs to be broken in. I have noticed a couple of loose threads on the seam around the towel, but those can be cut off. It is more difficult to ring out compared to a chamois or MF towel, but it really soaks up a lot of water! It is a very big towel at a very good value that is locally available.

Terran
07-26-2005, 04:43 PM
Is this a waffle weave or something else?

wannafbody
07-26-2005, 04:54 PM
its a WW towell

droptop92
07-28-2005, 06:37 PM
I just used it for the first time and it did leave some droplets behind but i just picked them up with my excel monterey towel which is fantastic might i say. The WM was not washed before use just to see what would happen, so i will wash it now and see if it breaks in like COBRyan said. The size suprised me for 6.99 at 22x30, it is a good size towel, I used the sheet technique when washing the truck,a 2002 F-150xlt and the WM cleaned up the rest. The WM held its water good but did smear water when ran across the paint. Does feel a little stiff but will update onced wash, doesn`t mequiars say they pre-wash their products before you buy them? :confused:

Pep boys is expensive except when they have sells or coupons. LIke the MOther`s clay kit for $14 which is a good deal and MEguiars quick detail for $4(good deals I think) But then i looked at Meguiar`s NXT tech paste wax price 16.99, Wal-mart price 13.69 :eek:

imported_COBRyan
07-28-2005, 07:26 PM
Yeah I noticed it does leave some moisture behind, but it does a great job at picking up the bulk of the water. I never thought of using a MF to follow up. I may do that on my next wash.

Give the water magnet a few wash cycles before you make your decision though. I found that mine dried much better after the fourth wash.

gb387
07-28-2005, 08:30 PM
I have 3 water magnets and have had very good luck with them... high quality and hold up after MANY washings!

Tanat198
07-29-2005, 01:52 AM
Yeah I noticed it does leave some moisture behind, but it does a great job at picking up the bulk of the water. I never thought of using a MF to follow up. I may do that on my next wash.

Give the water magnet a few wash cycles before you make your decision though. I found that mine dried much better after the fourth wash.

Yeah...it leaves moisture behind and I have to follow with another MF. In general, this is a ok towel to have.