PDA

View Full Version : Just Bought A PC 7424

RTSooner
07-26-2005, 09:07 AM
Just found a new PC 7424 for $130 so I bought it. I also bought a couple of smaller back plates. In addition, I bought a couple of pads, a Sonus SFX-2 Spot Pad and a Sonus SFX-3 pad. Tell me what else I should have in my arsenal. I`m new to maching polishing and since I have a couple of huge SUV`s coming up soon, I need to know what all I will need. Thanks, guys.

Richt
07-26-2005, 09:19 AM
What polishes have you got or plan to get?

I find it usefull to have a couple off each pad typre when doing a detail.

My starter kit was a SFX pad kit, SFX Spot Pad Kit, and a DAS Pad Kit

Plus additional DAS Polishing and Finishing Pads. I have since added some more off each and another set off SFX spot pads.

RTSooner
07-26-2005, 10:06 AM
I have several different waxes and polishes I use. I primarily like the PS21 cleaner for all cars and then depending on the customer I will use Zaino, Pizzaz, Meguires Gold Class, or I just ordered some Soverign liquid that looks good.

Asonyexec
07-26-2005, 10:34 AM
my arsenal consists of meguiar`s #80 & 83 as the basic "go to" stuff. Of course I have AIO that`s just a basic. Recently I broke down and bought poorboys SSR 2 & SSR 1 - I really like these 2 products, very easy to use.

As for my waxes I have meguiar`s #16, Meg`s NXT, PS21, and mother`s pure carnuba. To be honest the best wax of the 3 is the mother`s a close second would be the megs #16.

Just as a matter of cirmustances I also have Meg`s med -cut & fine cut cleaner (had to get these products to remove some paint transfer).

hope this helps.

RTSooner
07-26-2005, 01:15 PM
As for my waxes I have meguiar`s #16, Meg`s NXT, PS21, and mother`s pure carnuba. To be honest the best wax of the 3 is the mother`s a close second would be the megs #16.[QUOTE]

That`s good information, thanks. I haven`t used Mothers products in years. I should go back and try them again.