PDA

View Full Version : detailing boat basics

vdog0531
07-25-2005, 08:00 AM
i have a potential boat detail tomorrow and i havn`t even done one before and i do not wanna get in over my head. its a 98 bayliner probably about a 20 footer. are their special products that i would need to polish the boat`s surface or can i treat it like regular clearcoated car? these may be dumb questions but i have no time to research so why not ask the best of the best at autopia? thanks for help guys.

Vernon

LDPaul
07-25-2005, 08:30 AM
Hey Vernon,

For the most part I have found that Megs Boat.RV products work real good. I also use 3m polish and Megs #20 and #26 on boats with no problems. To clean the vinyl I use Grease Lighting and softscrub with bleach on stubborn stains - be very carefull with this stuff as it will stain the carpet. I good vaccume and if the carpets unsnap I pull them out, brush a little simple green on the carpets and then wash them off. Do not use any window cleaner with amonia as it will be bad for the plastic. I hope this helps.

wannafbody
07-25-2005, 09:07 AM
you need polishes that are jelcoat safe- Collinite, Megs, 3m and Finish Kare have marine line products