PDA

View Full Version : Back at it - sort of

Gonzo
07-25-2005, 06:07 AM
Washed my Honda on Saturday for the first time since I had the double cervical fusion. WHOOT! :woohoo: Water "stuck" during the wash (3 month old SG without any TLC in the interval) - not much beading or sheeting during the flood rinse, but I expected that. :wall I even put some 4* UPP on, but only on the horizontals and as far down the sides as I could reach without bending over too much, but quit immediately when I noticed a little bit of an ache developing in my neck. My baby is in desparate need of a polish job as there are water spot rings everywhere! I`m probably looking at at least another 6-8 weeks before I can break out the polishers. :(

imported_Sullybob
07-25-2005, 11:55 AM
This is really good news Gonzo! I hope that you recover from the surgery quickly.

DaGonz
07-25-2005, 05:41 PM
from one Gonz to another...glad to see you`re back in the game!

Here is something to try. If you have acess to an old office chair, use that to sit in while working around the vertical surfaces of the car. My son has his computer desk chair in the garage from when we cleaned out his dorm room. I use it when I am polishing the vertical surfaces and buffing off waxes and sealants. I can wheel myself right around the car and it`s a hell of a lot more comfortable that having to bend over for lower surfcaes! ;)

Gonzo
07-26-2005, 04:13 AM
Gonzo0903,

I have one of those little 5 wheel shop stools that I use when polishing. Saturday`s effort was an experiment on my part to determine "where I`m at and how much is too much". This is one thing I`m not going to push to the extreme....