PDA

View Full Version : White lens

mrjwhit
07-24-2005, 10:23 PM
What should I use to remove the white film that is forming on my 1997 Honda civic`s headlights?

qwik5o
07-24-2005, 10:36 PM
Buff it!

Or use a Plastic polish. I believe Meguiar`s makes a good one. (PlasticX?)

Or you could try wetsanding them.

mrjwhit
07-25-2005, 05:27 AM
That`s what I needed. Thanks.

JasonD
07-25-2005, 05:36 AM
Wolfgang also makes a lens polishing kit. I`ve heard great things about it, and there have been a few reviews on it within the last month or so. You might want to do a quick search for it.

http://www.wolfgangcarcare.com/plastik-lens-cleaning.html

Super
07-26-2005, 05:54 AM
That white film is a clear plastic film that helps to prevent scratching and yellowing. Older headlights don’t have protective film and they scratch and yellow easily. Once the newer headlights scratch you can remove the OEM protective film by polishing because the OEM protective film is vary thin.

You can protect your headlights even more with a pre-cut 3M paint protection headlight protection kit.

http://www.autopaintguard.com/images/about_headlight.jpg

hardrockTLS
07-26-2005, 11:45 AM
Just got this film this last weekend. 40 mils thick. Left lens was orginal with pits and such, Right is a couple months old, minor accident caused the light to be replaced.

The guy that installed it used a polish to get the right lens looking great before putting the film on. (didn`t catch the name of the polish dang it). Now it looks like I have two brand new headlights. :D

Bill D
07-26-2005, 11:50 AM
Yeah, I`m about to embark on re-installing a set of those fairly soon. Because it`s so hot out, I can place a pair on the pavement, leave them there, oh, maybe an hour or so, and they`ve become super limp and pliable. I re did my small fog lights for practice already and due to the heat, they came out a lot better than the first time around.

Pats300zx
07-26-2005, 12:18 PM
You can also try the Novus kit. They make a 3 step polish that works great on plastics.