PDA

View Full Version : QS repels dust?

III
07-24-2005, 03:52 PM
I`m a new user of quickshine and I`ve used it only twice so far on my paint. Is it just in my head or does this product seem to help repel the amount of dust on a vehicle? Either there has been less dust flying around or the QS is doing something because my vehicle seems to have less dust than say using WAUD. Granet I need to do more testing and use the product more than just twice.

a.k.a. Patrick
07-24-2005, 04:26 PM
Good reason to use QS John! I have also found that it not necessarily repels dust, it just doesnt attract it as some other QD`s do....Its more then likely due to the fact it doesnt contain nubas or silicines, or any wetting agents......

Reflections1
07-24-2005, 05:40 PM
I have noticed a static charge on the surface after waxing or QDing. I was thinking using the old Auto painters trick and grounding the car with a chain draped over the lover control arm or a rear axle housing to help avoid static. Think it would work?

III
07-24-2005, 06:03 PM
Good reason to use QS John! I have also found that it not necessarily repels dust, it just doesnt attract it as some other QD`s do....Its more then likely due to the fact it doesnt contain nubas or silicines, or any wetting agents......

Well put Patrick.

a.k.a. Patrick
07-24-2005, 09:57 PM
Although its claimed to contain "anti static" properties....I usually only notice the static when Im polishing or QD...well, any contact on plastic parts....Ive actually tripped the security system on 2 identical 997 Carreras, while polishing the headlight covers...

Scottwax
07-24-2005, 10:34 PM
I agree with Patrick. It isn`t necessarily anti-static but just doesn`t seem to attract a whole lot of dust.

qwik5o
07-24-2005, 10:53 PM
Wow, this is good info to know. I have an all black interior, and well, it is a dust magnet with what`s on it currently. QS here i come!