PDA

View Full Version : Leafblowers - Exhaust in the airstream

InTheAir
07-24-2005, 11:20 AM
I`ve read many threads here advocating the use of leafblowers (leaf blowers (for the search engine)) in at least partially drying your car. However, every gas leafblower I`ve used has directed its exhaust through the output airstream. Considering these leafblowers are two-cycle engines, this exhaust has unburned fuel, oil, and carbon in it.

Has anyone here noticed this "residue" on their cars after using a gas leafblower or do most of you simply use electric blowers? Are these blowers really ~that~ useful.

Inquiring minds want to know. :xyxthumbs

imported_truzoom
07-24-2005, 12:13 PM
I think most use electric, although it would be nice to see a gas that doesn`t spit residue all over the paint.

Setec Astronomy
07-24-2005, 12:22 PM
Everyone that I have heard of using a leaf blower uses electric. Are they that useful? Some use nothing, some use leafblowers, some use shop vacs or other vacs that have a blow feature, some use dedicated blowers, I have used compressed air, some use deionized (Mr. Clean, bulk tank, other deionizers). I guess there are as many ways here for drying as there are for everything else, it all comes down to personal preference, with some environmental/seasonal/situational variances.

White95Max
07-24-2005, 01:00 PM
I just drive around the block after I wash the car. It shakes all the water out in less than a couple minutes. Then I just go back around the car with a WW and touch up and water droplets.

MaThGr82
07-24-2005, 10:31 PM
The only time I use a blower is on Motorcycles and Quads

98GT
07-25-2005, 06:03 AM
I think most guys use electric because majority of the time the electric are more powerful too. I just bought a Toro electric blower/vacuum 225mph blower/leaf vacuum, works nice on getting water out of the lug nut holes in my wheels and other cracks water likes to hide. Definitely not a necessity in my book, but nice to have, worth the $70 bucks I paid IMO

Anthony O.
07-25-2005, 07:28 AM
A gas one can be used but because of the obvious reasons stated it shouldn`t. Most pros I know use an electric leaf blower or one of those Metro blowers.

I would not drive my car around either as this will only attract dust to the wet surfaces of your car and you then have the potential of picking that up in your mf`s as you dry it.

Anthony

imported_NYV6Coupe
07-25-2005, 06:26 PM
If you do decide to use an electric leaf blower, make sure it`s a dedicated leaf blower.

Many leaf blowers have the ability to be used as leaf vacuums to mulch (chew-up) the leaves. If you use a leaf blower that`s been used for mulching, you`ll be tossing leaves, twigs, & god-knows-what at your paint at 150+mph .... not what you intended.

I shopped around for a bargain & found a suitable leaf blower at Wal-Mart for < $20.

Larrycolorglo
07-25-2005, 06:36 PM
I`ve read many threads here advocating the use of leafblowers (leaf blowers (for the search engine)) in at least partially drying your car. However, every gas leafblower I`ve used has directed its exhaust through the output airstream. Considering these leafblowers are two-cycle engines, this exhaust has unburned fuel, oil, and carbon in it.

Has anyone here noticed this "residue" on their cars after using a gas leafblower or do most of you simply use electric blowers? Are these blowers really ~that~ useful.

Inquiring minds want to know. :xyxthumbs

I discovered a product used in the pet salons called The Master Blaster whick is electric and is just a bad boy all the way around. Comes with a flexible hose so the smallest areas are a breeze. Great for blowing off water all over the car and saves time on the interior as well because it blows out all the junk between the seats for easy vacuuming.

scottabir
07-25-2005, 06:41 PM
whered you get the Master blaster and how much LKDFW?

imported_suzukas2k
07-25-2005, 10:31 PM
I tried an Electric one time and it didnt dry all that well... it also kicked up alot of dirt fromt he floor which cant be good