PDA

View Full Version : Help needed new Ferrari 430 paint

T1000
07-23-2005, 11:27 PM
Just got new Ferrari 430 and paint work felt very rough so decided to clay car using Megiures clay bar and detailing spray which has made paintwork perfectly smooth.

Next step was Einsett 1Z polish using PC with the green pad. Did this outside in natural light and the car looks amazing with a very deep gloss finish.

The next steps which I intend to do are a coat of AIO (with PC and blue pad) and then one coat Klass sealant applied by hand. However, after appplying the Einsett 1Z I decided to call it a day, put car in garage and finish it tomorrow.

As soon I saw paintwork under the garage fluorescent light I was shocked as it had millions of tiny hair like scratches which are just not visible in natural light.

I have been informed by Ferrari that the new 430 is painted in a solid red there is no clear top coat.

I quickly tried small area with a cutting compound and it still would not remove the marks.

As you cannot see them in natural light I think I will just go ahead with the AIO etc unless anyone has any ideas how to remove them ??

papi_jay
07-23-2005, 11:32 PM
green pad did it

T1000
07-24-2005, 01:23 AM
Any ideas how to remove them ?

White95Max
07-24-2005, 06:57 AM
Go over it again with a blue pad and a light polish (SSR1, #9, GEPC...).

imported_themightytimmah
07-24-2005, 12:48 PM
Yeah, single stage red is really soft. You need an ultra-mild polish (SSR1, VM, FPII, etc) and a blue pad to get those out. Or you can hide them with a glaze like #7.