PDA

View Full Version : RainX windshield wax

imported_pdsterns
07-23-2005, 05:53 PM
A few months ago I purchased RainX windshield wax by mistake, I thought I was getting regular RainX. Well I tried it and had trouble putting on the windshield and put it on the back of the shelf for a rainy day. Well anyway I hate to throw new stuff out and I tried it again today. It smears all over the window, can not be spread evenly and when you wipe it off it *pills* everywhere, the cotton cloth, the windshield everywhere. Is this stuff crap or is it just me? Oh and you can`t clean up the window afterward.

Corey Bit Spank
07-23-2005, 08:48 PM
Haven`t used the wax. I just use the regular RainX. Lasts at least 2 months for me.

Ben Kenobi
07-23-2005, 09:20 PM
I haven`t used it either Peter but it does sound like crap. Too bad you can`t get your money back.

Paul

JayC
07-23-2005, 11:01 PM
There`s actually been some decent things said about the longevity of the wax in relation to the regular liquid. Ive tried to find some of the wax local but have had no luck unfortunately :(

imported_truzoom
07-23-2005, 11:36 PM
I`d just clean it off the windshield and finish up with some Stoner`s IG, which I recently noticed advertises that it "restores water beading to glass", and does.

BMW645
07-24-2005, 02:08 AM
A few months ago I purchased RainX windshield wax by mistake, I thought I was getting regular RainX. Well I tried it and had trouble putting on the windshield and put it on the back of the shelf for a rainy day. Well anyway I hate to throw new stuff out and I tried it again today. It smears all over the window, can not be spread evenly and when you wipe it off it *pills* everywhere, the cotton cloth, the windshield everywhere. Is this stuff crap or is it just me? Oh and you can`t clean up the window afterward.

What`s worse, is I heard that RainX strips wax from your car, so you need to apply it carefully.

What works just as good is RainX is to take your buffing rag after you`ve buffed off the wax from your car, dampen it a bit, and wipe your windshield with it. I find it`s just as good as RainX, and it`s no extra cost to you.

Lowejackson
07-24-2005, 07:09 AM
I would just remove it and keep the glass clean by normal methods.

drewski59
07-24-2005, 07:50 AM
As far as durability goes, the wax does last longer than the liquid.

However, I experienced terrible smearing with it that seemed to be `baked on` to the windshield.

The smearing didn`t go away until the protection wore off!

Big no-no on this one! :down

DaGonz
07-24-2005, 07:58 AM
I too tried the rain-x windsheild wax. I wasn`t impressed. Give me regular rain-x anyday!

tzec
09-12-2005, 09:33 AM
:wall I should have searched before I bought the RainX wax. I have the same problems everyone else is having. It took .2 seconds to "bake" on the windshield and lots of scrubbing with a damp/wet MF towel to remove it. I hate to trash new stuff, but this is the suck.

novadude
09-12-2005, 10:01 AM
Ditto. I have tried it four different times with the same results. I should have thrown it in the garbage after the first time.

SILVERHEMI05
09-12-2005, 10:12 AM
Is the Rainx windsheild washer any better to use?

rad-man
09-12-2005, 10:19 AM
does rainX mess up your wiper blades?