PDA

View Full Version : CGs Premium Blue Wheel And Rim Cleaner

Wasatch
07-23-2005, 09:17 AM
Got a chance today to use the sample Mike sent me a month or so ago. I rinsed the wheels and tires first and then sprayed on the cleaner, waited a few seconds and went back to spray them off. My tires were filthy, but the rims were not that bad. This stuff cleaned them very very well, it got all the dirt that was embedded in the grooves and left the rubber nice and clean and the rims shiny. I will definitely buy some of this stuff in the future. Thanks Mike for the sample.

http://chemicalguys.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=PCWCCP&Product_Code=CLD_107&Category_Code=CLD

imported_themightytimmah
07-23-2005, 09:26 AM
I find that it is the best tire, well and engine cleaner on the market, however it doesn`t do much on really dirty rims. Nothing can match PB`s S+R for that (well maybe Alumabrite, but that has a tendency to take some of the rim with it :)). My usual routine is to spray PBRW on tires and in wells, agitate, spray on S+R, wait 2-3 mins, hose it all off with a pressure washer. The turnarounds can be simply amazing.

Glossmaster
07-23-2005, 09:48 AM
I have yet to use a Chemical Guy`s product that`s not top notch! I love their stuff!

imported_Detailing Technology
02-05-2008, 08:59 PM
What is an equivalent Chemical Guys product to Poorboy`s Spray & Rinse?

I love Spray & Rinse, its just a little expensive.

imported_themightytimmah
02-05-2008, 11:09 PM
What is an equivalent Chemical Guys product to Poorboy`s Spray & Rinse?

I love Spray & Rinse, its just a little expensive.

Try Meguiar`s Wheel Brightener diluted 4 or 5 to 1.

P1et
02-05-2008, 11:11 PM
I recently bought a gallon of it after speaking to Phil and used it the other day on my own wheels. Haven`t washed them about 3 weeks. Sprayed on (after diluting properly) and left to sit for about 5 minutes. Came back, and all the dirt was just dripping off my wheels. I was very impressed with it, a great product. Recommended, but I`m still using P21S for high-end wheels.

Setec Astronomy
02-05-2008, 11:33 PM
That link doesn`t work. Wheel Rim Tire Engine Cleaner Degreaser (http://www.chemicalguys.com/Wheel_Rim_Tire_Engine_Cleaner_Degreaser_p/cld_107.htm) Looks like an ABF cleaner, anybody vouch for that?

imported_themightytimmah
02-06-2008, 10:45 AM
I bought mine like 3 years ago, and they might have changed the formula, but it was definetly sodium hydroxide at the time. Worked better on grease than on brake dust.

Setec Astronomy
02-06-2008, 11:11 AM
It`s just the way they describe it as not being an HF cleaner; IME that`s usually how the ABF cleaners are described.

imported_Detailing Technology
02-06-2008, 11:20 AM
For $16 for th gallon, I have to try it. I have about a gallon left of Spray & Rinse. If it works out great, if not, its only $16 in the terlit.

People love it when they use it. i did a demo las night of all the products I use in my work, the witnesses were amazed.