PDA

View Full Version : Need Orange County (CA) Detailer - RECOMMENDATIONS??

Pages : [1] 2

phil7533
07-22-2005, 09:17 PM
i already did a search and everyone keeps saying superior shine,

but i called him and he said he doesnt ever come down to OC -

I`ve been detailing my car myself, but I could never find more than 3 hours at a time.. and we all know that is nowhere near enough...

eric77
07-22-2005, 09:50 PM
Wdhere in OC are you? I am in Newport and new to the business, though, I am confident I can o as good of work as any of the insanely priced car wash details. I have a pretty wide array of products, but am a novice when it comes to swirl removal. I have the supplies, but I just don`t have the practice yet. I can do just about everything else perfectly, though,

here are 2 details I did over the past 2 days http://autopia.org/forum/showthread.php?t=59729

http://autopia.org/forum/showthread.php?t=59670

If you can`t find anyone else I would be willing to do it for you.

phil7533
07-22-2005, 10:27 PM
If you can`t find anyone else I would be willing to do it for you.

I`ll keep that in mind, but I think I need a professional.

I have over $700 worth of products myself, but I just dont have to the experience to get the damn swirl marks out of my black benz.

SpoiledMan
07-22-2005, 11:14 PM
Suppose I show you and help you? I`ll even teach you both.

FrizzleFry
07-22-2005, 11:30 PM
now this is definitely something I`d like to watch. i`m pretty good at removing swirls from black but i don`t think i`m efficient enough. i`d like to come by and watch this. i`m in costa mesa and do detailing on the side.

Ron Harris
07-23-2005, 04:22 AM
Phil.

Check your PM box. I left you some info.

phil7533
07-23-2005, 08:02 AM
Suppose I show you and help you? I`ll even teach you both.

that would be cool - i`ll of course pay you for your time - let me know when you are free..

SpoiledMan
07-23-2005, 12:22 PM
We will get together on a time/date. Check PM`s.

eric77
07-23-2005, 08:43 PM
Phil, would you mind if I tag along and watch this one? I just went after the swirls on my car today and got most of them, but my technique is undoubtedly off as it took me all day.

the other pc
07-23-2005, 09:37 PM
Have fun guys! (and don`t forget to take notes.)

You`re in good hands with SpoiledMan. :xyxthumbs

PC.

Mike-in-Orange
07-23-2005, 09:37 PM
Oh, this could so easily turn into a SoCal detail instruction/BBQ party if you guys aren`t careful!!

opass
07-24-2005, 04:22 PM
i already did a search and everyone keeps saying superior shine,

but i called him and he said he doesnt ever come down to OC -

I`ve been detailing my car myself, but I could never find more than 3 hours at a time.. and we all know that is nowhere near enough...

Phil,

I can help you with the black benz. Just getting to start my mobile business this month. Went with Joe (Superior Shine) for a few days ride along. Had removed swirl marks on my dad`s black 95 E320 and others. Had been detailing for over a decade.

Will come to you and have all the equipments from DI H2O, canpopy, steam cleaner, pressure washer, different type of buffers, mf towels, wash mitts.....etc. Of course, confidence to guarantee my work.

Call me at 949-468-7950.

Regd,

Jacky (Crystal Shine)

6']['9
07-24-2005, 06:06 PM
i think the word PROFESSIONAL is overrated!!!. If some weekender can do it just as good as someone that doest it full time what determines if hes a professional or not? I dont do detail work FT and i dont consider myself a professional but i dont think theres anything hard about removing swirls from black. To anyone that knows how to use a rotory proficiently all it takes it time and patience...

buellwinkle
07-24-2005, 07:39 PM
If you want to learn to buff swirls out of a black car, just go to a Megiars Detail Days event in Irvine, free PC lesson, free products, free lunch. There`s a group from Autopia trying to get started but they need 25 to sign up. The website is MeguiarsOnline.com

Mike-in-Orange
07-24-2005, 09:28 PM
If you want to learn to buff swirls out of a black car, just go to a Megiars Detail Days event in Irvine, free PC lesson, free products, free lunch. There`s a group from Autopia trying to get started but they need 25 to sign up. The website is MeguiarsOnline.com

I`m in!!! Where do I sign up??? Who`s getting this organized???

(can you tell I`m excited at the prospect of attending this session?) :bounce