PDA

View Full Version : P21S removal - by hand or PC

Mike-in-Orange
07-22-2005, 05:56 PM
I just applied my first coat of P21S on my Miata and love what it did to the overall look. This is my first experience with a real carnauba wax, and although the consistancy of the application surprised me at first (sort of reminded me of putting butter on corn on the cob) I found it very easy to use. I applied by hand, following the instructions, and removed/buffed with a MF towel, again by hand. It`s a small car so it didn`t take long at all, but I`m wondering if using a MF bonnet on the PC might help to give even more shine to the finish, or would just be more of a hassle.

Oh, and would I gain anything by applying a second coat, or even a third, of P21S?

JasonD
07-22-2005, 06:06 PM
Hey there, Mike. Glad to see you already experiencing positive results. P21S is one of my favorite waxes, you can`t beat it.

My own personal preference is to apply and remove it by hand. I usually apply it with a foam or mf applicator (very thin) to one whole panel and remove it immediately. You don`t have to wait for it to completely dry like you would think. This makes removal even easier, if you can believe it.

As far as layering, I usually like to just reapply the wax with every other or every third wash. Waxes in general (Collinite aside) usually only last around four weeks anyway, so by reapplying it every so often you basically keep the protection and overall look always the same.

Mike-in-Orange
07-22-2005, 08:57 PM
Thanks Jason! Like I said, I applied it according to the instructions, which fits right in with your description. The Miata is basically a garage queen/weekend toy so I should get some decent life out of the P21S.

My next project is my Graphite Metallic `04 PT Cruiser Turbo - mildly customized. Haven`t clayed it since a month after I got it (19 months ago!) but I don`t put a lot of miles on this either - 12,000 since new. Looking forward to it :D

Glossmaster
07-22-2005, 09:11 PM
Hey mike!

Congrats on your first P21S experience. Jason hit the nail on the head so I really don`t have anything more to add. I, myself, am a Carnauba junkie! You`ll find me waxing just about every week. I`ve found that P21S (among others) layers very well. As most everyone will tell you here in the "Autopia Nation"..........The preps the key! Have fun!!

Richt
07-23-2005, 02:38 AM
As much as I like the PC for polishing there is still something very theraputic about putting on another coat of Carnuba on and off by hand. Plus it is so easy on and off no real reason to get out the PC anyway. P21S will always have a place in my arsenal as it was my fave wax for years.

Apply it nice and thin with a foam applictor and remove with a nice plush MF, I love the Sonus Der Wunder Buffing Towels. On that thought - I am off to throw another coat off Souveran on the car I think!

imported_memnuts
07-23-2005, 04:06 AM
To increase the shine you might consider a pre-wax application of P21S GEPC by PC. This will heighten not only shine (PREP) but also add to the depth of the appearance of P21S wax.

TOL has it on sale presently.