PDA

View Full Version : Sonus SFX Polishes, V2.0

Pages : [1] 2 3

Bobby G
07-22-2005, 10:43 AM
July, 2005 -- San Diego, CA -- Sonus USA is please to announce the immediate availability of all-new SFX Polishes, the latest in a series of new paint care products for car enthusiasts.

Our original SFX polishes were developed and manufactured by a small German car care manufacturer. We brought the development of all polishing products in-house, and contracted the blending to a US-based chemical manufacturer. Our new SFX polishes are a significant improvement for car enthusiasts working by hand or dual-action polisher.

• Fast-acting, low dusting, low sling

• Work longer... polish off easier!

• No silicones or fillers (what you see is what you get!)

• Formulated for dual-action polishers

• Pleasing tropical fragrances

• "Flask" style bottle fits in back pocket or apron

• Environmentally-friendly and VOC compliant

One of the many feedback points we received on the original SFX polishes was that they dried out too quickly and generated too much dust. We solved this problem by using the highest quality solvents (less than 15%) and a new lubricating agent that is unique to our polish formula.

We also responded to our customer’s desire to have pleasing fragrances. The new polishes are scented in banana, coconut, and Pina Colada.

Each polish is perfectly matched to the Sonus SFX foam pad line. In our testing, SFX-1 Restore Polish, combined with the SFX-1 4” Spot Pad and a dual-action polisher effectively, removes scratches, severe paint etching and heavy swirl marks that previously required a rotary buffer. SFX-2 Enhance Polish is optimized to restore full gloss and reduce swirl marks, whereas SFX-3 adds a jewel-like finish to paint in perfect condition.

To allow enthusiasts to experience the superior performance of the new SFX polishes, Sonus is offering free samples through any of our authorized resellers. To receive your free sample, simply use the coupon code “SONUSSAMPLES” and the $9.95 price of a single bottle of polish (limit 1) will be removed from your purchase. This offer is good through 31 July, 2005.

Lowejackson
07-22-2005, 11:24 AM
David

Some people have reported difficulties in using the original SFX polishes but I always found them very easy to use (with SFX pads), any thoughts on why or how this could be

chevyguy28
07-22-2005, 12:12 PM
Went for the SFX3 sample. Hope the newest version is shipped.

- J

Bobby G
07-22-2005, 01:47 PM
David

Some people have reported difficulties in using the original SFX polishes but I always found them very easy to use (with SFX pads), any thoughts on why or how this could be

The original polishes seems to be very touchy about climate conditions and pad priming. I found that if the pad was properly primed they worked quite well. These polishes also worked best with a rotary.

In the development of the new polishes, we paid close attention to lubrication and the demanding requirements of a DA polish. The DA does things to a polish that are not experienced by hand or rotary. Finding a solution for good lubrication was the key. It is still necessary to prime the pad.

The new SFX polishes also clean up much easier. In most cases, I can rinse my pads in cold water and get them to wash out clean.

Bobby G
07-22-2005, 01:49 PM
Went for the SFX3 sample. Hope the newest version is shipped.

- J

Yes, we are shipping the new polishes.

imported_hadboosttroy
07-22-2005, 01:55 PM
Hi David,

I was curious, since i have a lot of the old sfx-2 left (and love it by the way), it is still a "what i see is what i get" polish free of oils etc. correct?

also, i have never primed the pad before. how do you suggest to do that?

thanks

troy

ZaneO
07-22-2005, 02:08 PM
Got some on the way. Thanks, David!

Bobby G
07-22-2005, 02:22 PM
Hi David,

I was curious, since i have a lot of the old sfx-2 left (and love it by the way), it is still a "what i see is what i get" polish free of oils etc. correct?

also, i have never primed the pad before. how do you suggest to do that?

thanks

troy

Troy,

Yes, the original SFX polishes are also WYSIWYG. The big differences are workability (the new polish can be worked much longer without drying out), ease of film removal and fragrance.

Most detailing sprays make a good pad primer. Sonus will be releasing a Paint Prep and Pad Conditioner next month for this purpose.

If you are still having success wih the original, there is no reason to trade up. However, for the cost of shipping, you can have a free sample.

db

Bill D
07-22-2005, 04:12 PM
I trust the Paint Prep and Pad Conditioner will be a interesting, unique product.

JeffM
07-22-2005, 04:48 PM
Very Nice offer, thanks :)

I think David hinted a few weeks ago what might be coming our way with the paint prep and pad conditioner :)

Bobby G
07-22-2005, 10:46 PM
I trust the Paint Prep and Pad Conditioner will be a interesting, unique product.

Bill,

You crack me up, bro... it was your idea!!!

:spot

scottabir
07-22-2005, 11:06 PM
I know I just read that these were made for the D/A machines but are they ok to use with a rotary?

Bobby G
07-23-2005, 09:08 AM
I know I just read that these were made for the D/A machines but are they ok to use with a rotary?

Yes, they work fine with a rotary. The polishes contain aluminum oxide abrasives, which need heat to break down.

The "designed for DA" has more to do with figuring out how to make the polish remain wet (lubricated) long enough for it to be worked by a DA. The back and forth nature of the DA is hard on both pad and polish.

JeffM
07-23-2005, 12:16 PM
Quick question, what is the relative cleaning ability of the new SFX polishes ?

Bobby G
07-23-2005, 01:56 PM
Quick question, what is the relative cleaning ability of the new SFX polishes ?

Zero chemical cleaning. They (SFX) are a pure polishes. Our chemical cleaner/polish is Sonus Paintwork Cleanser, which has the same chemical cleaning ability as KAIO and the same polishing ability as SFX-3 Final Finish.