PDA

View Full Version : What is the best Sealent for me ?

Perm
07-22-2005, 09:28 AM
Hi,

Will be applying a sealant probably over AIO base.

Was planning on using Klasse SG, however I am open to other ideas.

Main thing I am looking for is durabilty and a nice bright clean sparkle look that shows off the blue metalic paint and easy to apply by hand.

Is SG best for me ? Was planning on using the WOWO method.

Has anyone had experice of Klasse SG vs UPP vs Poor Boys vs Zaino which gives that sparkle look ?

Welcome all input.

Thanks

Perm

imported_becks
07-22-2005, 09:38 AM
On my blue metallic car I love the look of AIO + UPPx3, it just looks amazing. I`ve tried SG and the full line-up of Poorboys, but I always go back to UPP. I find the slickness, the wetness and pop of the metallic flake is amazing.

Lowejackson
07-22-2005, 10:01 AM
I have used Klasse, Poorboys and Zaino and they are all very good. I am sure you will be happy with any of them

tom p.
07-22-2005, 10:04 AM
I have had nothing but excellent results with AIO+SG. The durability is unparalleled :waxing: though the look is definitely that of a syn sealant.

Spilchy had suggested trying AIO+IW. That yielded a very rich, deep look that I did NOT achieve with the SG. This was on a dk. garnet red GM. I had two people question me at the town dump concerning what product(s) was used? This is an old bomber/daily driver car...nobody has ever said BOOO about it so I figured Spilchy`s rec must carry a lot of weight and it did !! :woohoo: It is a crowd pleaser!

Enjoy.

Perm
07-22-2005, 10:23 AM
Tom p,

What is IW ?

What do you mean the "look is definitely that of a syn sealant"

Thanks

Perm

beastie
07-22-2005, 04:06 PM
AIOx2 followed by SGx5 or more. I too have a metallic sapphire blue car and only topper that made any improvement was Souveran paste x2. NXT as topper is also good (I applied 3 coats before I was happy with it though). Still, my preference is SG untopped. See qwik`s gallery. His Trans Am was the one that inspired me to go the Klasse route.

tom p.
07-24-2005, 05:13 AM
IW = Collinite`s #845 Insulator Wax.