PDA

View Full Version : african dust storm

imported_Neothin
07-22-2005, 07:34 AM
so as I was reading the paper this morning, I come across a rather large article on the front page about an impending dust storm from africa in my area. They`re saying that the dust is iron based. Being an autopian in training, I realize that my black srt-4 is going to be covered in this stuff. My mom is only letting me steal the garage for the weekend to do my detail on it :( When this stuff starts getting on the car, should I treat it like rail dust and wash and then clay it off or should something else be done? The dust storm is supposed to arrive monday and go thru wednesday. The car will have a fresh coat of AIO,SG, NXT, and #26 on top of it (I`m frustrated at dealer swirls and I`m getting them out this weekend and getting the car to look good). Thanks guys.

Lowejackson
07-22-2005, 09:53 AM
I would rinse most of it off with water and then wash in the normal way.

J.J.
07-22-2005, 09:58 AM
I would not begin my detail until after the storm personally, but sometimes waiting to detail your own ride is torture!

JJ

imported_Neothin
07-22-2005, 11:06 AM
so basically, as long as the dust doesnt stay on the paint long or get wet (as the iron would rust) it should just be an easy wash/dry. cool. I have a month old coat of NXTx2 on the car now and one more week shouldnt matter too much. I suppose I could just wait until next weekend. Thanks for the help guys.