PDA

View Full Version : Scared of putting wax on with PC...

z400
07-21-2005, 10:14 PM
I just detailed my 2000 black 540i and now i`m scared to touch it with a finishing pad to apply wax..

Dont know why though...Afraid of installing more swirls.

It`s a paste wax (nattys), so should I just take it out of the can and apply to the pad? and use the PC on low speed? 2?

Thx!

EdLancer
07-21-2005, 10:17 PM
Just use an applicator and spread the paste out in a straight line over the panel and use a black pad on a PC at 5 setting to work it out, it won`t swirl with the black finishing pad and wipe off with a MF in a back and forward motion. Remember to apply the paste as thin as possible with the applicator, the thinner the better.

JasonD
07-21-2005, 10:21 PM
That would be purely up to you. I absolutely love to apply protectants with the PC since it makes it a breeze to get a nice thin, even coat on there, but at the same time, I still enjoy applying waxes by hand.

Due to the oscillating movement of the PC, you won`t induce swirls. In addition to that, the finishing pad is so soft, it could be a pillow. If you choose to use the PC, you can either remove the wax from the container and lightly rub it on the pad. Another method is to use a butter knife, putty knife, etc. to remove and spread it like peanut butter. Regardless, just remember to not use too much. A little goes a long way.

You can use as slow of a speed as you want, but I like to use around 3.5 for lsp applications. Just slowly move the PC around your car with overlapping passes so you don`t miss anything, and then wipe it off.

If you are still scared, just do one small area and see how it looks. If you don`t like it, you can always do it by hand the rest of the way.

Good luck!

mtwedt
07-22-2005, 09:44 AM
I would also add that you might want to tape off the trim whrn doing wax/sealent applications with PC....it keeps you from getting the stuff on the trim and then having to get it off with TR or somrthing like that. Taping the trim also keeps dust from getting in the trim edges as well. I think it speeds up PC applications even more if you don`t have to worry about this.